Opec is at it again.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh I agree wholeheartedly
but I guess we should still purchase from the less dependent ones...what choice do we really have at this stage in the game.

I hear ya! :)

blow Citgo off the good list..HA HA

coopy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Chevaz is the one who is pushing Opec to reduce production.
I am going back to my horse power. I just have to get saddle bags large enough to get groceries.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It's not enough for them to make a profit, they have to make a killing. I was thinking that a little silver lining to all of this financial mess was that Americans have actually reduced their oil usage recently, in the interests of their pocketbooks. Thought is was a step in the right direction anyway, but now since demand is down they have to raise prices... unfriggenbelievable :mad:

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We really have no one to blame but ourselves for being in this position. IMO, most politician have there own personal agenda. If were lucky maybe 1 in 10 or less really care about us,we the people.
There are alot in the middle east that would love to see us crash and burn.Until we the people, get the right politician in the right place, i don't expect much to change. We've had a oil man in the white house for 8 yrs, think that had anything to do with this mess...? Instead of fixing our problems in the USA, were bleeding like a finacially butchered pig in places like Iraq..
Of course Hugo and Iran want to keep fuel prices high, they want to see America fall on its face...
When and if our economy, the worlds economy starts to move forward again, oil will start to rise again on demand. Who's going to do the right thing for America's future...? McCann, Obama...? The newer kid on the block has some good, but costly ideas for us, but aren't we paying dearly already..?
Sorry for my rant, i'm just so disgusted with our leaders..we sure do need a BIG change...

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Contact your senators and let them know how you feel, one of mine sent me a two page letter talking about how he voted for increased off shore drilling or whatever...

I know politcians often have their own agenda, but we still have control on whether or not they have another term in office.

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You've got that right Jennifer..! I agree 100% , only when we vote the right people in, will we see change..Special interest has ruled for way to long..
Seems not much has changed since the 70's oil embargo, were still at these peoples mercy. But i smell change in the air coming, this yrs election is going to be different. You can feel the energy of people wanting change, new direction. Lets pray its direction in a positive way..!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just don't understand why we have to have oil that comes from American soil put onto international markets and costing OPEC prices. Oil that comes out of the US ground should belong to US citizens. Exxon and all those companies that drill on US territory make a killing off us us.

I think the US government under the Core of Engineers should just take over the oil and have the american people own it.

Ever notice in rural areas where electricity and infrastructure is owned by coop the prices are much lower? The when the big companies move in prices go up and the neighborhood looses control? Electrical coops are still around in the US but getting far and few between.

Im for democracy but this capitalist stuff is just draining the American people dry. Why are not minerals and natural resources owned by everyone?

Heads up. One of the reasons WE hate Chavez is cause he refused to let his oil go into opec. That nation controls their own oil. This is part of the reason why Bush and Cheney hate him.

Ever see those photos of Bush senior and junior holding hands with the Arabs?

And did you know that for every percent of oil we purchase from Arabia the Arabs have agreed to purchase a certain amount of T Bills? That was set up by Kissinger, I think.

If we become oil independent from them they will stop purchasing T Bills and dump what they have. Watchout! It will be a wild ride.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the more we sleep with other countries, the more intrigue it all gets on who owns what, who controls what, who has interest in financial situations of what country.....then we can never truly be a free country. It is global interlacing at that point....never to be returned to the older times. Once the cancer spreads too far, you can't reverse the diagnosis easily! You have a monster fight on your hands.

oh well...just rambling. cause some things I sure control...others I can't.