Opinions about Mint.com?

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You can also set up your own categories. And automatically label things if you buy stuff from the same vendor often.

Good luck with it.

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Question to those of you who use Mint I started last week and have an expense for credit cards and when I make a payment it never shows up in the budget of what's spent. It is labeled right in the transactions and comes up credit card. It just seems to be washed out byu the card entry.

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
cackle said:
Question to those of you who use Mint I started last week and have an expense for credit cards and when I make a payment it never shows up in the budget of what's spent. It is labeled right in the transactions and comes up credit card. It just seems to be washed out byu the card entry.
Do you have your credit cards linked to Mint? If so, what you might be getting is the transactions that the credit card was used for, while the payment to the cc is treated more like a transfer to another account. After all, what you're buying isn't "credit cards" but the stuff you're using the credit card to buy.

Does that help?

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
AnnaRaven said:
cackle said:
Do you have your credit cards linked to Mint? If so, what you might be getting is the transactions that the credit card was used for, while the payment to the cc is treated more like a transfer to another account. After all, what you're buying isn't "credit cards" but the stuff you're using the credit card to buy.

Does that help?
I am only paying on the card. It does work like a transfer- is there anyway to have it bucket to the credit card payment part of my budget?

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
cackle said:
AnnaRaven said:
cackle said:

Does that help?
I am only paying on the card. It does work like a transfer- is there anyway to have it bucket to the credit card payment part of my budget?
Okay, what you can do is "exclude" one side of the transactions. So I'd exclude the "transfer to" side (the credit card getting paid), so you can see it as an expense against your budget. Does that make sense?

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
AnnaRaven said:
cackle said:
AnnaRaven said:

Does that help?
Okay, what you can do is "exclude" one side of the transactions. So I'd exclude the "transfer to" side (the credit card getting paid), so you can see it as an expense against your budget. Does that make sense?
Will try it out. Thank you.

philpatton

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I looked at their program and came to the conclusion that if it can be made then it can be hacked. Im not saying anything bad about the site specifically, just a general observation about software programs.

I looked at Staples and didnt anything that I liked there either so I put together an Excel Spreadsheet to use.