Orange cleaner! Alternatives?

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I made citrus peel vinegar awhile back, with a combination of orange and grapefruit peels. I noticed a big difference in how well the citrus vinegar cleans the stove top as opposed to using just regular vinegar on it.

About the time I made this, the red wasps were out in full force and for some reason they adore me. :rolleyes: And before you ask...nope, I don't wear perfume or use scented lotion or deodorant when I'm home and out working on the place. Wannabefree mentioned to me that they like flowery colors and especially blue so I changed my usual brightly colored wardrobe to black tees. They still continued to pester me. So I did some on line research on the wasps and learned that they don't like citrus. So, I sprayed myself down with the citrus vinegar and lo and behold...the wasps left me alone! :celebrate

John_henry

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I can't think of what you could substitute the citrus for, but would agree with the vinegar suggestions. You might be able to grow a herb and use that, lemon verbena, lemon grass or something with high acidic/citrus quality's. Citrus cleaner also makes a very good furniture polish. Simply reduce peals soaked in water until you have an oil, ad water after if needed, you only need a small amount.

Latest posts