orange trees planting question

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
im going to try to explain this the best way i can

i just bought the house and now im beginning the "yard fix" thing

my house is east facing which i love.....i want to plant my orange trees in front of the house but like 50 ft or so away along the fence line

now at the fence line is 17 empty acres that belongs to a church that is located about 4 hours from here...they have a very large shade tree about 10 feet into their property line but i want to plant the orange trees about 5 foot into my property line.these 2 trees will be about 15 ft apart but the tree on their property is full grown and healthy and gorgeous. so it has to be atleast 60 feet in the air...

i have watched the sun at this property and from what i can tell if i plant my orange trees where i want them then 1 orange tree will miss about 3 hours of sun in the early morning.. from what i can tell the tree at this size (2 ft tall) will not see sun till around 9-10am... because of the height of the shade tree that is on their property...some of their shade tree is hanging into my property which i will cut back.

do you think that 1 orange tree will suffer if any or at all?

eggrookie2010

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I live is a big citrus area and no I doubt your tree will suffer. Lots of farmer around here have the occasional huge oak or eucalyptus trees in the middle of the orchard...maybe on purpose to mark where the well or smudge pots are. Certainly they wouldnt do anything to make even one tree under perform! Good luck!

Latest posts