Oregon!

millie

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there! I have been peeking in on you guys for a couple of months. I have been looking for a place to get inspiration and encouragement for the back to basics kind of life I want for me and and my family. It is hard to find like minded individuals in today's society. I live in the NW corner of Oregon. I am not anywhere near SS like most of you, but I have a strong desire. We have a couple of acres out here with hens and horses. I am busy with 3 kids, a husband, and lots of volunteer work at school and church. I will stop writing my novel, sorry. Hope to find others in my area. I think ORChick is close by?? Thanks for having this forum!:)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
millie said:
Hi there! I have been peeking in on you guys for a couple of months. I have been looking for a place to get inspiration and encouragement for the back to basics kind of life I want for me and and my family. It is hard to find like minded individuals in today's society. I live in the NW corner of Oregon. I am not anywhere near SS like most of you, but I have a strong desire. We have a couple of acres out here with hens and horses. I am busy with 3 kids, a husband, and lots of volunteer work at school and church. I will stop writing my novel, sorry. Hope to find others in my area. I think ORChick is close by?? Thanks for having this forum!:)
:welcome

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm in the beautiful Umpqua valley, near Roseburg.

upriver

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hello-

In the mountain valley up the Yachats River! Yachats is the closest town, but we have to tell people from Portland etc that we are near Newport and have to tell people from California we are near Portland and tell people east of the Rockies that we are "on the coast, between SF and Seattle".

HannaLee

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I grew up in Tillamook on the wet, cold beautiful coast, but live in CA now. Welcome to SS!

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey! Just joined after lurking for a couple weeks. I'm also in Corvallis! Doesn't surprise me that there are others from here!