Organizational Techniques for Recipes?

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Wifezilla . . . cool idea . . . except I'm taking it and running with it a little . . . . Wouldn't it be awesome to make a scrapbook with your favorite recipes for a gift to someone? Take your own photos, handwritten recipes, etc. I know this idea isn't original, in that people often make bound copies of family recipes, etc., but what you said makes me envision a scrapbook with a hand-made cover that has all kinds of artistic touches. That would be fun to put together! :D OK, I will calm down. :rolleyes: :lol:

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Wifezilla . . . cool idea . . . except I'm taking it and running with it a little . . . . Wouldn't it be awesome to make a scrapbook with your favorite recipes for a gift to someone? Take your own photos, handwritten recipes, etc. I know this idea isn't original, in that people often make bound copies of family recipes, etc., but what you said makes me envision a scrapbook with a hand-made cover that has all kinds of artistic touches. That would be fun to put together! :D OK, I will calm down. :rolleyes: :lol:
I have thought about doing this. My wonderful son, who is 13, says he wants a wife who will bake bread and make other things from scratch, one who can clean and gut a rabbit and a deer. He wants all my recipes so he can give them to his wife when he gets married. Have I created a monster?? I know for sure his "wife" prolly won't like me :p

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Monster? Maybe. But that is so adorable. Can I say that about a 13 year old? :)

We have friends who have a young son who has said the same thing. I think he was maybe 6 when he said it. I thought it was the sweetest thing. :)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Monster? Maybe. But that is so adorable. Can I say that about a 13 year old? :)

We have friends who have a young son who has said the same thing. I think he was maybe 6 when he said it. I thought it was the sweetest thing. :)
When he was 6, he said he was NOT getting married, so at least there is progress :D

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
LOL

I think, if, or rather, when he does get married, it would be a wonderful present to give them a nice recipe scrapbook. I can't tell you how many times I called my mom when I was a young adult . . . wanting this or that recipe.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You can publish your own cookbook right from Living Cookbook. I have no financial interest, I just think it's a really neat program.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Thanks reinbeau! I bet it is . . . I should check it out!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I notice the Living Cookbook has a way to manage your kitchen inventory . . . I had always thought that would be a cool thing to do. I guess it has been done already! So . . . I imagine this program can also print you grocery lists of what you need to buy then?

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
:frow Hi Abi . . . I've heard tall stories about you! :D

ETA: OK, tall tales. Sheesh. I'm tired today. :p