organizational tips

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Just wanted to share an organizational tip that works well for us. We have a coat closet and on the inside of the door we hung a plastic shoe rack, the kind with the pockets. That is where we keep our flashlights, extra batteries, gloves, stocking caps, candles and matches, ball caps, dog leash, even an extra roll of toilet paper. Everything has it's place and when we come in the door it goes in it's assigned pocket. If the power ever goes off then we know where the candles and at least one flashlight and batteries are.

One of my friends took that tip and uses one on the closet door of her daughter's room for all of her barbies. They each have a pocket and the extra clothes go in the big pockets on the bottom. She can see all of them and doesn't have to dig for which one she wants.

It is also very useful for a bathroom that doesn't have much storage, like one with a pedistal sink. Hang it on the back of the door and put extra washclothes, bars of soap, bottles of shampoo and conditioner, dental floss, toothpaste, even toothbrushes, combs and brushes, even a hair dryer in the larger pockets on the bottom. IF you want something that is nicer you can either make your own out of a coordinating fabric or canvas, or buy a ready made one out of fabric if you want to store heavier items in it. You could even label the outside pockets with each child's name so that they know where their stuff goes!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Excellent idea! :thumbsup

I need to definitely get and stay more organized with needed items like flashlights, matches, etc.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
My son has one on the inside of his bedroom door for all those little toys that get lost at the bottom of any toy box. It works really well!