Organizing home & shop for happy SS living

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I second what Gals said. everything in its place.
I am a clutter phobe. my house and barns and all are clutter free and in good organized shape (all except the detached garage--which I kinda left to hubby. my mistake. but come early spring every single thing will be taken out, cleaned and storage shelves rearranged etc for best use of space and decluttered. Then all of my 'stuff' will be in order.

I am a bin girl. I have things in smaller bins like under the bathroom sink cabinets, bins in closets for photos etc.

Less is more is what I live by. if I don't use it I consider it junk and away it goes to someone else or goodwill or the landfill.

disorganization and clutter drive me insane :p

but so true, knowing where something is when needed is so important, especially in emergency situations.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Come live with us for a while, FC. My shop needs some major organization right now. Bins I have, lots of 'em, parts drawers on stands, metal cabinets. I just need some beefy guys to come move all the stuff for me. :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL I can supply a guy to help move things...but I sure would put you to work. :lol:

when I reorganize/declutter no one is safe :D

I drive hubby a bit nuts sometimes, but I figure he deserves it for one reason or another

hubby has so many loose tools in the garage he will be stunned when we do this reorganization...kinda feel sorry for him already, not!

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I drive hubby a bit nuts sometimes, but I figure he deserves it for one reason or another

hubby has so many loose tools in the garage he will be stunned when we do this reorganization...kinda feel sorry for him already, not!
I like tool chests, milk crates and other largish bins, masonite peg board, smaller fasterner bins, shelves. Once you have those, if you just plug away at it, the job sort of does itself. "Plug away" is the verb.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
me& you should post some pictures of your marvelous place! I would love to build a house. But then some days I think i'd want to have an old farm house.... I can't make up my mind.
I suspect either way I'll make something work :)
There is actually a house down the road from us that used to be park headquarters, and we took a look inside once. It is adorable, and has a nice amount of space without seeming too big. I would replicate that floorplan in a heartbeat, with a few minor modifications! (upgrade to a 'master bath suite' and powder room on the first floor instead of one full bath that is old school 50's style complete with blue bathtub!). Otherwise, I love the little house!

Since I just found a KILLER deal on a Kitchenaid mixer from Sears that became our christmas present to ourselves, now I have to figure out how to store it... so I think that Christmas day is going to involve some rearranging...

Latest posts