Our new veg plot in Japan

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Wow John, I think it looks great buddy! Wish my garden was near that neat. We're drying up here in Tennessee :lol: Send us some rain!!!!! ;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That would make a great POW!

John_henry

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement Wannabefree. I'll put some rain in the post...

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You're garden is looking great! :D

POW here at the forum is Picture of the Week...although it's more like picture of the month, right now! :lol: I agree with Deb, it would be a great submission! Hint, hint, hint. ;)

John_henry

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up Dawn. I'll get a better photo soon, and may POW that.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Your garden looks so beautiful. It is neat, laid out well and shows the love of a good steward of the land. :thumbsup

John_henry

Power Conserver
Reaction score
5061_veg_plot_240712.jpg

So, finally an update. As you can see things are starting to come on. Still a little behind our neighbours, but have been able to stop buying veg, and within the next couple of weeks should have more than we can eat ourselves. At the moment we're cropping cucumbers, peppers, aubergine, tomatoes, peas etc, all the usual stuff. Just started to get purple pole beans which will be in the pot tomorrow and the corn and melons are coming on nicely. We got a lory load of well rotted mushroom compost which were using as a top dressing/mulch for all the legumes, and digging it in for the new ones going in. Other than that just the constant battle with the weeds.