Out of curiousity; what forums do you frequent?

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
reinbeau said:
Northeastshooters.com
So, I saw this one and had to do a double take :p :lol: I was like, Uh, surely NOT! (I missed the S).

:hide Cut me some slack! Only on first cup of java, and it's not even daylight yet! :hide :caf
:gig Not hardly, QA, but I have to tell you, it's a boys' club there, and they definitely do discuss that chain of restaurants - and the women who tend there!

ScottSD

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
sufficientself
byc every once in awhile
mostlylabs
moparts
archerytalk
National BBQ News Forums

Hows THAT for diversity? :lol:
Yeah, I'd say that's pretty diverse.....;)

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sufficientself

Pitbull forum (pit bull forum for responsible owners)

Bullies in need (it's a pit bull rescue)

Atlantic Rider (horseback riding)

BurdaStyle (sewing)

and I'm addicted to a lot of things facebook... most of my time now would be spent on here and facebook, the others I just check once in a while, not daily

ViciousFishes

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
One of my self sufficiency goals is emergency preparedness. If my family is all set I can help neighbors or the fire department etc. At the very least we're not taking rescuers time and resources from someone who might really need it.

It can be a bit boring with lists of stuff to have on hand in case of hurricanes or what not, but these guys have a sense of humor about it. www.zombiehunters.org. The zombies are a tongue in cheek metaphor for any natural disaster. After all if your prepared for the dead walking then a little thing like a week without power after a big storm will be a walk in the park :lol:

Basically they reach a target audience that isnt going to the FEMA website for tips on staying safe in an emergency. Kinda fun if you take the firearms part of the forum with a grain of salt. Anyhow reading the self sufficiency forum there lead me here so thought I'd see if anyone might appreciate the link.

Enjoy,
Tom

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Like many people here I guess, I've spent time on numerous forums - and sifted them out for what's of interest to me. Informative is maybe the key thing - but I'll say that I like forums that are active and where the posters are fun, reasonably polite, considerate, and eager to share. Also ones where people are open to new ideas (as well as tried-and-true ones).

Forums that I go to regularly these days include:

HomesteadingToday
WeldingWeb
GardenWeb (numerous specific sub-forums)

There used to be a lot of interesting forums on Tribe.net - however, Tribe lost much activity when Facebook really took off. But Tribe.net does still have a pretty good DIY forum.

I'm male. And I like forums where there's a good gender balance. (I have to admit that WeldingWeb, which I mentioned, is nearly all male.)

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just thought I'd add this one that someone told me about very recently:
Farm Show Video List
http://www.farmshow.com//videolist.php

Good for repurposer/inventors. :D Serious stuff... even if some of it would be a tad expensive to tinker with.

The initial list shows an archive of only five pages. This is a bit deceptive - there is already an archive of nine pages. So as you go through the pages of videos to watch, be sure to try clicking the "next" button.

Northed

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm on BYC, but not many people know I exist there :p