ovulation thread!

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
so i'm thought it would be interestin for all us ladies on here to get together in a thread about our "moon times". for ranting about them, talkin with others on how to deal with them, talkin about products, etc.

i am 20 y/o but have a imbalance. i forget what its called but my body doesnt make quite enough estragen and makes more then it needs of testosterone. so i check my face for "whiskers" alot, need to shave more (though i dont lol. critters dont care if my legs are prickly), and in my case i dont have normal cycle. my first period was in 8th grade. and until i was 19 i'd had not even a half dozen periods.
i got blood tests and thats how i found out about the estragen and testosterone thing. i was put on birth control to make my body ovulate and on a scheduale. well after a few months things happened and didnt have medical and i couldnt afford the pill. so i have been off of it. (((i did not want to ever be on the pill anyway because i dont like taking meds unless its absolutely nessecary. but it seemed nessecary))) well now i'm seeing those stupid commercials about gettin money from the pill companies. and the pill i was on is in one of those commercials. luckily i was only on it a couple months.
well since i have been without (august 2011) i've only had two periods. though i am now on my period. this being the third one since.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Several herbs that have estrogenic properties you can check into. Would you want to conceive or just get on a 'normal' track? A lotta women would prefer what you have explained for the most part, except for the lack of reproductive possibilities, but I'd think that could be worked on herbally, if you'd be interested.
For the most part, I'd say, I have the opposite problem. I used to ovulate twice a month....well sometimes. I know cuz I used NFP. Some months were normal though. I've been pregnant 7 times and have 5 children....2 miscarriages when I was pretty young.
I think I'm getting too old to conceive. Signs of ovulation aren't showing too often. Makes me sad sometimes. I'm 46 and my baby is 5. But I guess 5 is enough, by most people's standards. If it happens, it happens.
I was 2 years older than you when I had my first. I'm only 4 months into my herbal studies.

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yes i admit i partially dont want to fix it because then i have to have a period each month :/ but i am also worried about what other effects it may have if i'm not regularly ovulating. like other illnesses, etc. and of course the obvious one being if i will be able to have children.

i would be very interested in hearing about the herbs :)

and feel free to join in ladies!

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Okay....its on my to-do list. But keep in mind that you have to know whats what about each. Cuz some can do damage, depending on your goal. Some bring on menses, which you don't want, if you could have possibly conceived and some help with lactation and some are supposed to help with menapause. Black and blue cohosh, come to mind right away...normally for hot flashes.
I will keep you in mind when I go to work. That is where I do most of my studying.....I"m going a little crazy today. Family emergency.....waiting for the phone to ring on my end right now.

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hope everything turns well with your family. i dont mind at all. i know how crazy things can get here :)

first ones that pop in my mind are black and blue cohosh. ladys mantle. raspberry leaf.
i will have to find my herbal medicine book again..... though i've never tried natural remedies for this as of yet.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
raspberry leaf tea can be given throughout pregnancy, and toward the end with squawvine, to prepare for birth. But like I said, ....different female herbs, but some are used for different problems. (I'm still a little crazy.....my Dad is in the hospital). But herbology, NFP, and most things relating to nursing are of interests to me, so I will be in touch. I was supposed to go to work tonight, but I'm just not up to it. Thats where I study. See ya.

Latest posts