Pah! $1,000 for a coyote hunt! Baby, we could be rich!

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
COYOTE TRIFECTA. 3 HUNTS IN 1 DAY ALL IN CLOSE PROXIMITY. ANTLER CLUB OF LUCINDA, PINE HOLLOW SPORTSMENS CLUB, CLARION CO ROD AND GUN CLUB. LOG ON TO ANTLER CLUB WEB SITE FOR MORE INFO. HUNT IS ON FEB 5, 6, 7TH 2010. $1000.00
START UP POT AT ANTLER CLUB ALONE PLUS WILL INCLUDE MONEY FROM ENTRY FEES.

That's a local ad for a coyote hunt. My jaw dropped. I wanna open a club! We could host coyote hunts all year round and make money on it!

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Pfft. I finally went back and re-read this, and I'm a total idiot. Still, it would be neat to charge for a coyote hunt!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
We have a bunch around here - their yelping and yipping woke me up the other night, I was worried they got hold of my goat, but he was fine.

My horse and goat share a barn and a big outdoor area, there are no doors to the barn, we removed the one and opned up another wall so they can go in and out (the stupid goat was chewing on the door anyway)

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don't really see them down here. We don't even get bears anymore, after the guys put up a fake bear for target practice (would be enough to keep me away!) But, when we go to cut firewood, there're coyote tracks EVERYWHERE.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Folks here do hunt them, I htink they get $$ for the body or the fur. :( I still feel bad for them.

I've only seen one or two out here, and far from my house.. they do like the night, nothing more creepy than hearing them yip and carry on in the middle of the night!

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
They're amazing little critters. I LOVE coyotes. But I also hunt them (haven't shot one yet). We're supposed to get $250 per coyote. I wouldn't know, lol. There's nothing neater than being in the middle of the woods, NOTHING around but wilderness and having a coyote circle you, yippering at you, just out of sight.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Thats creepy!

When we were in San Diego we had a young one living in our back yard bushes, every so often we'd see it pop out - I'd see it early in the morning licking the dew off the grass, or eating the mulberries... I have a pic somewhere.........

*off to look*

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
c2.jpg

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You think coyote hunts are something, you should look at the hunt clubs that charge to hunt feral hog and russian boar. Most of which are animals they've released into the area, a combination of domestic pigs gone feral and captive bred Russian boar.

Hunters pay to hunt the pigs, then keep the skull for the tusks and quite frequently don't use the meat!

:hu

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
About 3 years ago we heard our dogs going nuts, looked out the window and saw 4 hound dogs (like bird dogs) chasing a coyote through the pasture. The cornered him in the barn, at which time the hound owners came and shot the coyote. Said they get paid by cattle farmers to hunt the coyote. The population is enormous, and they were killing the calves. First time I'd ever heard of such a thing!