Painting time

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well I said long ago I was redoing the master bath a bit

now is the time lol

got semi-gloss white paint for the cabinets and going to start painting in just a minute. picked out a pistaschio mint green for walls later.

going to buy a new medicine cabinet and new light fixture.
saw some nice ones I liked. not a big redo but after 10 years it is time to freshen up this master bath lol then gotta get new rugs, towels to accent

ok, off to paint

just wondering, since weather is cold is anyone doing any small remodels to their home right now?

after my bath is paint the kitchen a nice yellow/lemon color and spruce that up-------then master bedroom and new carpet. but let me get the bath done first haha

then onto Nicoles bathroom and bedroom....with her being 6 soon it is time to give her some older kid colors and freshen up those areas.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hope it's going well! A freshly painted bathroom always feels so "spa" :)

I love painting, we painted our basement guest room and bathroom a month before Christmas guests arrived--it looks so much better now.

The basement bathroom was stark white and the bedroom was taupe with a darker taupe feature wall behind the headboard of the bed. We've only been in this house for just over two years, and it was freshly painted in nice neutrals when we bought it, so this is the first room we've painted. So we went with a pretty sky blue for both (the bathroom is right next to the guest room).

Trying to get my girls to decided on colours for their rooms, because "warm beige" isn't very teenager, but they are waffling on colour choices.

Would also like to paint our front room robin's egg blue, and our basement family room a nice pale mossy green (I've actually bought the green paint--I keep my eye on the mis-tints at Rona!)

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Gee..moolie - I wish you lived closer. I HATE painting with a passion. I love the idea of remodeling/remaking rooms, but just can't stand painting. I'd rather clean than paint!

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
LOL!

I actually have to be in the mood for it, and then I go at it whole-hog. I actually bought the green paint for the basement family room at the same time I picked up the blue (both mis-tints) for the bedroom and bathroom, but I ran out of steam once I got the rooms I really wanted done out of the way. I'll get the itch again soon, now that all the holiday bustle is over. I want to paint before the weather warms up and it's seed-starting season.

I pretty much hate cleaning though, I don't mind floors (wooly dry-mop, then microfibre wet-mop) or dusting or laundry, but I hate dishes and cleaning bathrooms (that's what husbands are for! ;))

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I am painting for a friend at the moment. Remod before move in job. Going to tear out a wall this week sometime :D Let the DEMOLITION begin!!!! MWAHAHHAAAAAA I love my job :D Have fun!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
AH Moolie

you love painting like me

I love to paint. I would rather do painting than any other type of work in the home. And so cheap ya know---fresh paint can change the world in your home lol

I have a Tuscon orange/rust in the master bedroom and love that color and Tony said, what new color are you going to change the bedroom too----uh, nope, re-painting the same color I just love it lol but I want it fresh now.

I almost went with a blue in the bathroom but I thought the green would be in sync more with the rusty bedroom.

I have a mudroom that is a robin's egg blue. wonderful color and makes the room so bright...bright is good in there.

I love a dark bedroom for me. I like to lie down on the bed, shut the drapes and relax in a dark room for 1/2 hr. I just love a dark room for spacing out during out bright Carolina blue sunny days lol

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Just before Christmas, I painted the foyer and hallway. I have been dreading it since we moved in, because I had to remove walpaper border, and it was over the stairs going to the basement. It also has a skylight. Well, I put it off long enough, and so I hopped to it. I had to leave the stairway areas for hubby, since I dont' do well onladders, but I managed to get the skylight area done. I chose a terracotta/brick red colour, and had to do four coats. Yeesh, it was a huge area, and I went through alot of paint.

Hubby is tiling the basement, and I had to paint it before he tiled it, so two rooms down there are done. I still have our master bathroom to paint, but again dreading it, b/c the ceilings need painting, and there again, is a skylight. I really don't mind paintig, but I too, need to be in the mood for it. and I need a clear schedule.

My kitchen is also getting some work done to it. I jut replaced my built in oven before Christmas, and I just ordered my new cooktop today. The old appliances were 15 years old, and just not working well anymore. My oven crapped out, and lately the stove will go out if left on simmer, filling the whole house with gas, if you don't keep on top of it.

Next year it is new floors for the bedrooms and maybe kitchen/laundry room. I don't want to push it this year, hubby has been busy remoding the basement. He's installing a new gas fireplace down there too.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
update on bath cabinet painting finished the vanity----

the "dead stark super" white is out lol

I replaced my countertop with a beige marble about 2 years ago and realize now that a dead pan white vanity is "icky"

going back to Lowe's and have them tint it beige. The contrast just doesn't suit my eye lol

Well I got a nice coat of white drying and will get the painted tinted in a few days and repaint.

also I am buying new drawer pulls. I hate these ones lol and sick of looking at them haha

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OH MISS

you are doing "real painting" that is the hard kind lol

I love brick red colors! My palette! I be it is so nice but 4 coats...woof...that is work

I bet when you are done it will be fab! :)

RudeKittyLuvsTesla

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I love painting. Almost every spring as part of spring cleaning, I repaint. I love to haunt Home Depoe and Lowe's for mistakes or custom orders that people don't pick up. I get my gallons for $5.00 so I can afford to paint every year. For my neutral colors, our recycling depot has 5 gallon buckets for $3.00 each. I got a lovely light grey for a bedroom and part of the kitchen. I had a tiny tinge of pink to it, so it looks a little opalescent when the light hits. It's like moving.