Pallet shed

Manda_Rae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have a few ideas for making a tool shed for my garden tools out of pallets.
Any tips for Dos and don'ts?
I think I'll make a rock or dirt bottom since I don't want to encourage critters to make homes underneath.
Door or leave it open in the front? Maybe a tarp door?
Everything will be stored inside for the winter.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Need a solid floor or rodents may make the shed home. I'd at least put cement pavers down.
Agree we have an old smoker house that was here when we bought, dirt floor, we noticed last year a nice deep burrow that we need to trap for.

If possible I would add a door, will keep out the weather and animals

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Eh... I think a dirt floor and no door pallet shed would be fine.

If nothing edible is in there, I don't see why it would have too many critters, especially since no door = same temperature as everywhere else.

I have built several buildings from junk.

I have found pallets to work well as wall filler. I have used other things though for the framework.

4x4s or whatever fence post type items, door frames, fuel tank frame, truck topper, etc.

Often window repair places just toss old single pain windows or fogged double pane windows and you can stop by and ask, pick up a few free windows. Perfect for a shed or a chicken coop.

Manda_Rae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm mostly just looking for a way to hang my tools for the garden and protect from occasional rain. I don't want to walk too far for them lol.
I was also thinking of adding on a table type thing for potting or just make it seperate and put it nearby just incase I ever want to move it.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm mostly just looking for a way to hang my tools for the garden and protect from occasional rain. I don't want to walk too far for them lol.
I was also thinking of adding on a table type thing for potting or just make it seperate and put it nearby just incase I ever want to move it.
I actually have a potting table up against my house wall... all tools hung on wall of house.