Pallets??

PatchofHeavenFarm

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
We get lots and lots of pallets and I have been trying to find some good ways to recycle them! Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We use pallets as pallets here too, for the same reason...to keep wood off the ground. I also use them for making temporary containment of objects and animals, as well as breaking them down and using them for construction of other products.

I used 14 pallets to build Aliza's little playhouse but you couldn't tell it by seeing the size of the structure. When you break them down, you realize just how much spacing is between the slats when they are whole....breaks down to considerably less wood than you imagined.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Make a lovely center table with storage! Stain it with woodstain or strong coffee for a more rustic effect!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Compost bins, cage frames, rabbit hutch materials, just about anything you can imagine. They work great for most things. I use them a lot. I have them as the floor in my greenhouse now.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Compost bins, cage frames, rabbit hutch materials, just about anything you can imagine. They work great for most things. I use them a lot. I have them as the floor in my greenhouse now.
What she said. Many uses - I love 'em.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Hiya Boogity :frow I love them too...SO many uses! I get a lot of them around here too. :D

dwbonfire

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
i collect pallets :) i go around picking them up from anywhere i can get them. i have made many things with them, a pig pen, i pulled them apart to make a picket fence, a chicken coop, and other things ive used the wood for. pallets are very useful!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
A Neat Use For Pallets

Been thinking about incorporating this idea around the outside area of our fire pit area as a windbreak.

We also plan on repurposing pallets as raised bed gardens since our "soil" is so rocky here.

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here's my pallet chicken coop... I put insulation inside and then sheathed the walls in a thin plywood... the floors, walls and doors are all pallets, plus the supports for the outside run are pallet boards.

It's only 8x4 feet, but we only keep 4 laying hens and they free-range all day so they only get locked in here for the evening/night. We did put a permanent roof on later, but the chickens were arriving and we just needed something to keep the rain off them until the roof went on.

HPIM0909.jpg

HPIM0908.jpg