Pallets??

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yah, now my daughter wants to take over making my signs so she can earn money for a car.

BrewCrew

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Made some nest boxes for the rabbits yesterday. fond some plans online that called for plywood. Didn't have any plywwod but had plenty of pallet slats. Few cuts a few nails and some leftover screen for the bottoms and we are in buisness. cannot post pictures yet but as soon as I can I will add some. The ymeasure 10X16X8 have screened bottoms and should provide a solid nesting place for the rabbit hat is due to kit tomorow or saturday. I love pallets.

Brew

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm going to have to find some ways to use some more pallets, I just got 4 more tonight, and will get 2 more on the truck tomorrow. I'm getting some of the good sturdy ones too :D I need to build some of those planters i saw on here somewhere!!

BrewCrew

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Those planters were awesome. Looked fairly simple too. I am thinking that they would be great herd beds.

Brew

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We had a whole pile of pallets, and a compost pile. We ended up using the blocks from the compost pile and most of our pallets to make a floor to get our new load of wood off the ground. Sooo, we ended up using our pallets...as pallets! 10 pallets... That pile went quick, but so glad we had them! Thanks for the links! We're always looking for more ideas!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We use pallets as pallets here too, for the same reason...to keep wood off the ground. I also use them for making temporary containment of objects and animals, as well as breaking them down and using them for construction of other products.

I used 14 pallets to build Aliza's little playhouse but you couldn't tell it by seeing the size of the structure. When you break them down, you realize just how much spacing is between the slats when they are whole....breaks down to considerably less wood than you imagined.