1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Support for Sumi - The Supporting Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Palm nailer

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by Servelan, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Apr 14, 2016
    Servelan

Servelan Sustainable Newbie

I needed to find a way to pound (IIRC) 10d 3" nails while building a wall in my kitchen, knew I couldn't do it by hand (auto accidents have wrecked my wrists), and although I already had 3 nailers (I got the tools in the divorce) none was for framing. At Home Depot I saw several typical nailers, and then spotted a palm nailer. I did have to get an adapter for the compressor hose (and ended up getting a 100' hose as well) but other than that, it ran fine on my little red compressor. If you need to pound some nails and don't have the strength to handle a regular nailer, a palm nailer might just be the answer.

2. Apr 14, 2016
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Sustainability Master

That's a great suggestion. DH and I both have hand/wrist 'issues' so that might really solve a problem. Thanks!

3. Apr 14, 2016
    MoonShadows

MoonShadows Almost Self-Reliant

When we built our chicken coop a few years back, I knew my arthritis in my hands would flair up from the work, and I didn't want to make it worse by having to do all that nailing by had too. I went to Home Depot and got a Bostich compressor with 3 different sized nailers. Since then I bought a 4th nailer. Now, I can do anything from staplers to framing, and my hands are thanking me.

BTW....welcome to SS!

4. Apr 16, 2016
    Denim Deb

Denim Deb More Precious than Rubies

More often than not, I use screws. That way, I can take it apart again if I have to.