Palm nailer

Servelan

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I needed to find a way to pound (IIRC) 10d 3" nails while building a wall in my kitchen, knew I couldn't do it by hand (auto accidents have wrecked my wrists), and although I already had 3 nailers (I got the tools in the divorce) none was for framing. At Home Depot I saw several typical nailers, and then spotted a palm nailer. I did have to get an adapter for the compressor hose (and ended up getting a 100' hose as well) but other than that, it ran fine on my little red compressor. If you need to pound some nails and don't have the strength to handle a regular nailer, a palm nailer might just be the answer.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's a great suggestion. DH and I both have hand/wrist 'issues' so that might really solve a problem. Thanks!

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When we built our chicken coop a few years back, I knew my arthritis in my hands would flair up from the work, and I didn't want to make it worse by having to do all that nailing by had too. I went to Home Depot and got a Bostich compressor with 3 different sized nailers. Since then I bought a 4th nailer. Now, I can do anything from staplers to framing, and my hands are thanking me.

BTW....welcome to SS!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
More often than not, I use screws. That way, I can take it apart again if I have to.

Latest posts