parasites.....ugh

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Okay, here's the deal. My DD who is almost 4 has been complaining that her bottom has been itching. I got suspicious while I was at granny's house and we got out the flashlight and saw little round yellow, what I presumed were eggs, on the edge of the rectum. I have not seen any worms. She has been lethargic and not sleeping well and digging in her bottom. I have also seen live white worms in the new puppy's poop. So today I called the pediatrician and she called in prescriptions for the whole family and the dogs go on Friday morning for wormer and shots.

What can I do to help make sure they are all gone....is there anything we can all safely take? They are saying that 2 pills each will kill everything. I am going to be washing everything tomorrow in hot water. Is there anything else that I need to do?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Okay, here's the deal. My DD who is almost 4 has been complaining that her bottom has been itching. I got suspicious while I was at granny's house and we got out the flashlight and saw little round yellow, what I presumed were eggs, on the edge of the rectum. I have not seen any worms. She has been lethargic and not sleeping well and digging in her bottom. I have also seen live white worms in the new puppy's poop. So today I called the pediatrician and she called in prescriptions for the whole family and the dogs go on Friday morning for wormer and shots.

What can I do to help make sure they are all gone....is there anything we can all safely take? They are saying that 2 pills each will kill everything. I am going to be washing everything tomorrow in hot water. Is there anything else that I need to do?
Iron the undies and pants of your daughter just to be sure.
And keep her nails clipped short.
Nutritionally, I am sure there is something supportive....probitotics for one.
I'll check.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Okay, I have food grade DE for the chickens out in the shed but how much do I give US?

kristenm1975

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ugh indeed! I don't have any answers but wanted to send you my sympathies. I hope you're able to kick parasite booty quick and get things back to normal in a jiffy. :hugs

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Remember that it IS a neurotoxin you are (understandly and needing to) put in your body. Esp with your issues I'd suggest a loading dose of miracle clay by Dynamite (I can send you a baggie) to realign your intestines AFTER deworming. I'd also give it to doggies, but I need to check with my rep about tonka as I know she's on special stuffs...

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just gotta ask how does ones children get worms? I'am 52 and have one child, well he is not really a child,he's 19,anyway I have never heard of children getting worms.

Are they like the ones dogs get,as I see you are also getting the dogs wormed.

If they are the same ones dogs get, how on earth do they get transfered?

Maybe I have been living under a rock all these years.

I wish you the best of luck getting this under control.

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Little kids just put their hands in and on everything, and those hands go into their mouths. Also, if the doggie has been licking its bottom, then licking a kid's face, .... you get the idea.

I've heard of feeding animals pumpkin seeds. Something about them flushes out the worms.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Pumpkin seeds have a chemical that paralyzes the worms and they detach and are flushed out with normal bowel movement.

Anyone can get these worms and just because you don't see them or feel them, it doesn't mean you don't have them. Pin worm eggs are tiny....if any of your pets have even the eggs on their fur, their paws, etc and tracks them into your home and on your couches, carpets or beds, you can get these worms. All it takes is getting them from your hands to your mouth.

When I was a kid, it was standard to give all kids worm medicine each spring. We didn't have a dog but we did have an outside cat or two...but it didn't really matter if you had pets or not. Seems like everyone got the meds....I distinctly remember having pin worms when I was little~ and my folks were clean freaks. Folks used to say one could get them by going bare foot but I think it was more from having dirty nails and hands and eating without washing of the hands.

Do you all wash your hands each and every time after handling your pets? If not, you could be transmitting your pet's parasites right to you or your family.