Pasta machine

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I did a search and came up with a few threads, but not exactly what I was searching for. I want to know if anyone has or knows a name for(brand,model) a pasta machine that is electric and manual operation. I like motors but want the handle for back up.

Any suggestions?

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have an Atlas hand crank machine; have had it for years, and am quite happy with the way it works. It is not at all difficult or strenuous to turn the handle. However, a quick google search shows that there are optional motors that can be added to "any Atlas machine" (quotes are theirs; I really don't know this for fact)

Niele da Kine

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've been looking for the Kitchenaid pasta plates to make macaroni for a long time but haven't seen them anywhere. We already have the meat grinder attachment which is part of the macaroni making equipment. (hmm, note to self - just make the silly things, they can't be that hard). Do you think a Playdoh extruder would work for making macaroni with if one could find a Playdoh extruder which made pasta shapes?

We have found several of the pasta makers which make the flat sheets of dough which are then sent through cutters to make noodles at yard sales. Those have been handy. Are you looking for a noodle machine or a macaroni type machine?

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Niele da Kine said:
I've been looking for the Kitchenaid pasta plates to make macaroni for a long time but haven't seen them anywhere. We already have the meat grinder attachment which is part of the macaroni making equipment. (hmm, note to self - just make the silly things, they can't be that hard). Do you think a Playdoh extruder would work for making macaroni with if one could find a Playdoh extruder which made pasta shapes?

We have found several of the pasta makers which make the flat sheets of dough which are then sent through cutters to make noodles at yard sales. Those have been handy. Are you looking for a noodle machine or a macaroni type machine?
Either and both. We eat lots of pasta.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Niele da Kine said:

I have the grinder attachment, so now I am going to keep my eye out for pasta plates! My guys love macaroni, but I can only make flat noodles with my pasta machine.

Latest posts