Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Paula's Peach cobbler

8 Tablespoons ( 1 stick) butter
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup self-rising flour
3/4 cup milk
One 28- ounce can of sliced peaches in syrup, undrained

Preheat oven to 350. Put butter in deep baking dish and place in oven to melt.. Mix sugar and flour, add milk slowly to prevent lumping.. Pour over melted butter.. Do not stir.. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup.. Still do not stir, batter will rise to top during baking. ..Bake for 30 to 45 minutes...Good with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream

ALTERNATE: Combine in saucepan 2 cups of fresh fruit, 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water. Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir often, making sure sugar is completely dissolved.. Substitute this for the canned peaches.

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
keljonma, have you tried this recipe? I've seen it before, but have hestitated making it. Sometimes it's good to have a recommendation or review on recipes.
Thanks

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Yes, I have made this recipe before. I made 5 batches of it recently for a church bake sale, plus 2 batches for samples. None were left after the sale.

I like it because I canned a bushel of peaches this year - almost half as peach slices or halves in light syrup.

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
thanks, I have canned peaches on the shelf and was thinking today I could really go for something made with them. Im trying to space them out because I dont have many ;)

Acre of Blessings

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I loves me some Peach Cobbler, but I made my own recipe and it is De-lish-e-o-so. All I use is

1 c. sugar
1 c. milk
1 c. flour--SR
1 sm. pkg. dry vanilla pudding
partially drained peaches

Mix all ingredient together, put in baking dish and then add your drained peaches. YUMMY!!!!! bake at 325* for about 25 minutes or until crust is browned. :p

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I came to copy Paula's recipe because I couldn't find the other copy and here Acre of Blessings shares another one. One that sounds good, too.

Not sure which to make tonight.