Paying it forward - Someone plowed my driveway?!

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We've been meaning to get the driveway plowed, it's half a KM in length! but today we went out to Campbellford and when we came back, there were tractor marks on the driveway, and it had been plowed up to the barn! .... The rental car was in the way, so I reckon they didn't go any further because of it. The only farmer we know is our neighbor who sold us the property and cut our hay this year, but he's 250 acres away from us.

We'd thank whoever it was, if we only knew which of the farmers in our direct area it was! ... I think it was the portuguese family... but mum is sure it is Jim our neighbor, who knows!

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:weee:weee:weee

Life is grand! I love it when someone does something nice for me. It makes me want to cry. What a blessing!

:weee:weee:weee

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
there ya go.
neighborly neighbors! what a great surprise!
:ya

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
That's awesome!!
Our neighbor does ours a lot but, now my boys are big enough to go shovel it!!:D

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow. That's really sweet. Now you get to do something nice for someone else. ;)

Cassandra

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You could always put up a sign at the road that says "Thank You" whoever it was would know what you mean:>) That is so nice of whoever did that for you!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
When we lived up north and had a good snowfall--it was like a competition between the neighbours who could get out there faster with their snowblowers. Mind you we just had regular length driveways.
I think a big thank you sign at the mouth of the drivewaywould be a great idea!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I think the thank you sign is a great idea!

We "caught" our neighbor plowing our driveway couple years ago. I fixed up a pot of coffee and took him out a hot cup with cookies. :)

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
when i lived in town last, my youngest was only 3 and older son at grams when it snowed several inches. I heard shoveling and low and behold there was a gentleman outside shoveling my car out. He had shoveled for the older man across the street he told him I had a small child so he came to do mine too. He didnt ask for anything but he looked like he was in need so I gave him some money and told him to come back next time. I had never talked to the older man before but appreciated his thoughtfulness.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I think the Thank You sign is a good idea too. They did a good deed and will know you mean them.

Spread the wealth. If everyone passes on good deeds it will make the rounds.

Thats the thing I love about my neighborhood. Someone is always doing something. My neighbor was always bringing my garbage cans up the hill when my DH worked out of town. Of course when my neighbor worked out of town and his wife was sick I not only took the empty cans back to her house I would bring the full cans to the road for her. So it always comes back at ya.