Pecan cracker

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hey friends.....Hope you all are well. I just have a basic question.... We have a couple of tall pecan trees in my backyard...., so many that it would take years to crack all of them from 1 season.... so i am wondering if anyone knows of any electric/mass pecan shellers.... i found this one on ebay for 375... but my biggest problem is the measly 1 year warranty.... Im estimating that we will have about 500-1000 gallons of pecans so i need something that will work for more than a year... Thanks guys. Here is the link to the one on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Automatic-E...?pt=Kitchen_Tools_Gadgets&hash=item35b4d840de

My price limit for such a device is probably 500.... Thanks!

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i have no knowledge on this product...however...would recomend google..
when ever I have a new product of interest (or craigslist listing i am considering)
i will google..the item and add reviews..
generally and eye opener either for the good or bad...

I am so very jealous...that is quite a wonderful pecan blessing..
they wont grow here...

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Drat! I thought you meant pecan cracker, as in recipe :p :drool Mmm...pecans

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Maschil are you planning on selling any of them? Maybe you could sell whole? That's a LOT of pecans!

SSD I thought this was a recipe too :lol:

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Maschil are you planning on selling any of them? Maybe you could sell whole? That's a LOT of pecans!

SSD I thought this was a recipe too :lol:
hehe. Sorry folks.!

wasnt sure where to post this to be honest... but yah i plan on selling them... I may sale them whole... but i dont want to be selling a whole bunch of bad ones...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'd be interested in buying around 50 pounds whole here soon. We buy bulk and share amongst family here and go pecan pie crazy during the holidays :lol: Let me know if you'd be willing to ship that many and costs. I understand some will be bad, that's the beauty of organic products ;) I actually like getting wormy/misshapen/non store shelf "worthy" stuff, it tells me it's all natural. Meh...I was misshapen and unworthy at one point too, just never wormy that I know of :lol:

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I'd be interested in buying around 50 pounds whole here soon. We buy bulk and share amongst family here and go pecan pie crazy during the holidays :lol: Let me know if you'd be willing to ship that many and costs. I understand some will be bad, that's the beauty of organic products ;) I actually like getting wormy/misshapen/non store shelf "worthy" stuff, it tells me it's all natural. Meh...I was misshapen and unworthy at one point too, just never wormy that I know of :lol:
LOLLLL.. really? ok ill let you know. Which carrier would you like to me shipped via??? im in Mississippi 39191... our first tree is releasing the pecans right about now. so i will let you know.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Um carrier doesn't really matter to me. UPS, FedEx, whatever is cheaper I guess. I know UPS has a 70 pound box that is pretty decent flat rate cost wise because we used them when we shipped acorns. Beyond that, I haven't a clue. Anyway, just let me know pricing so I can split it up between a few more households and see who is in and who isn't before I/we commit to buy. I can't handle 50 pounds alone!!! :lol:

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ok im thinking 200 bucks for the pecans since you are getting so many..... Averaging 4 bucks a pound.. Its my first time selling them so i can work out a price... Im still trying to find out info on the 70 pound flat rate box via ups ...so i will get back to you on that...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Lemme see if that's okay with everyone else and I will let you know sometime this coming week. I'm thinking...IF I recall correctly, the 75 pound UPS box was 35 to ship, so I'll say roughly $235 for 50 pounds. We usually get them from Alabama, and I'm not sure what they cost the last few times because I was broke and didn't get any :p I'll let you know for SURE by next Friday...gotta call/catch my aunts and mom to see if and how many they want.