Pellet Guns

MiracleWik

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I have a .177 Crossman pellet rifle that shoots at 1200fps I got from walmart that I use. They offer a wide selection of pellets shaped for target, hunting, etc.

I place my rabbits in a diaper box with a treat, and while they munch they get the pellet. The gun is powerful enough that with even hollow point will actually shatter their skull completely into two halves. In reality, I could probably hit the rabbit anywhere on the head (excluding sinuses) and the percussion would kill or make unconcious.

I've heard people say they use as low as 400fps, but I wouldn't. 800fps with a hunting tip should probably be more than enough. My ammo costs about $7 for 500 (I think) pellets and the rifle itself was about $100. Since I also use it for small animal control and my kids will be able to learn how to handle a gun when they get a bit bigger, I found it a worthwhile purchase.

One thing about the rabbit wringer you refer to, is the blood will clot in the neck, ruining some meat and tainting the best part of the fur. I'd also be afraid of messing it up.

Good luck!

-Ashley