Perfect Pan-Roasted Chicken Thighs

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I always have 4-packs of chicken thighs in the freezer (husband's favorite chicken piece), but was wanting "roasted" chicken. Found this recipe and it was GREAT! I used my 8" cast iron deep chicken frying skillet and it was perfect for 4 thighs and I followed the times exactly. The chicken was crispy and delicious. It does make a little bit of a mess on the stove from the spattering (duh - forgot I had a screen!), but it was worth it. Next time I'll use some fresh rosemary or thyme too.

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/quick-recipes/2011/06/perfect-pan-roasted-chicken-thighs

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sounds yummy! :drool I wish the rest of my family would join me on the "dark" side. I love dark meat, it's so much better than a dried out hunk of white-meat chicken breast.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
calendula said:
Sounds yummy! :drool I wish the rest of my family would join me on the "dark" side. I love dark meat, it's so much better than a dried out hunk of white-meat chicken breast.
That looks delish!

Calendula, be happy that other people like different parts. We are lucky that when we cook a whole chicken, my sons love the legs, my husband loves the breasts and I love the thighs. So we all get our favorite parts, it is usually cheaper to buy chickens whole anyway.

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
calendula said:
That looks delish!

Calendula, be happy that other people like different parts. We are lucky that when we cook a whole chicken, my sons love the legs, my husband loves the breasts and I love the thighs. So we all get our favorite parts, it is usually cheaper to buy chickens whole anyway.
The only problem is that I'm the only one that likes the dark meat! But, more for me, right? :) Plus, they'll usually eat dark meat if I shred it and make chicken salad out of it.