perseid meteor shower

doc_gonzo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
i'm on nights right now so i've been out quite a few times to watch. the 1 st one i saw was so close i could see a clear debris trail, it looked like it was gonna land in the front parking lot. i'm seeing mostly red/orange as the core colours i think that means mostly iron. been seeing lots of smaller stuff higher up, good show this year!

doc

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
The neighbors house is lit up like the fourth of July....and in the way here. We didn't see anything last night :/

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We went up to a friend's friend's ranch in the hills to watch. Some light pollution in one direction from the town, but to the north it was dark enough to have a good view of the sky. We saw a dozen or so "shooting stars" over the course of the time we were there. A couple of years ago, at this time, we were visiting friends in Salt Lake City, and they took us into the mountains, where we had a glorious light show.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It was cloudy here as well. Plus, I have too many trees around my house to get a good, clear view. I've always said that one of these years I'm going out to the farm to watch the show. It's much darker, and there's not a lot of trees to the northeast.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
saw a few last night hoping to catch the tail end tonight, i know the show wont be as dramatic but i figure since its a "weekend event" there should be a few straglers to make sitting under the stars for a few hours worth it :D

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It's been too cloudy here too.. :( and with the rain forecast for today and tomorrow.. I guess I am not gonna see any tonight either..

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We were camping, bit of a family reunion actually--and had excellent skies for viewing, my girls in particular had a great view as they wandered away from the campfire for a better look :)