Pet Peeve!!!!

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So this is something that has been driving me nuts for a long time, and I thought I'd probably get a sympathetic ear on this one: there is this Lysol commercial that drives me absolutely nuts! It is this mom and her daughter who are in this filthy bathroom (the girl looks like she's about 10, and IMHO, old enough to go to the bathroom by herself!). Anyway, it then flashes to their spotless home bathroom, where they are too scared to touch the toilet handle because there are GERMS in their TOILET!!!!! OMG! The horror!!! Seriously, when did people become such germophobes?? Or was it a fear created by P&G, SC Johnson & the other companies who want us to be scared enough to buy their products? :he

And since when was it bad for your house to smell like nothing but a house? Or maybe fresh air from open windows, not something plugged into a light socket?

Thanks for listening to my rant. I've got something flu-ish, and it's making me pretty cranky, watching bad daytime TV. ;)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Thanks for listening to my rant. I've got something flu-ish, and it's making me pretty cranky, watching bad daytime TV.
Probably caught that when you went to the bathroom and touched the flush handle..... :lol:

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
There are probably more germs in their dishrag or handtowel.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Those TV people should see what's lurking on your computer keyboard.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
My DH is a bit of a germaphobe. If I drop a spoon on the floor I pick it up, wipe off the side that hit and use it. Drives him crazy, he wants it washed in hot soapy water. Same thing with a pill, or anything else that you can just pick up and deal with (or even pop in your mouth, provided it's not wet!) I'm a firm believer in the three second rule! :gig

But seriously, those scented air things you plug into your wall? Your house must smell pretty bad that you have to mask the odor with something supposedly flowery, or clean air scent, whatever. Open the frickin' window! Or clean up whatever stinks! :lol: But the marketing departments all keep on thinking up new ways to make the gullible feel inadequate, if they only bought this or used that, their lives would be much improved..... :rolleyes:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I bet there's more germs on her purse. :|

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lysol is evil according to my kids. It makes them feel bad along with air fresheners.

But my cockatiel LOVES to sing the lysol commercials!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I HATE air fresheners. I agree with reinbeau, clean it up. I can sometimes just walk into someone's house with one and POW! instant migraine. :barnie Don't even get me started with those car air fresheners that hang from your rearview mirror, or perfume counters in stores, or walking past Bath & Body Works on the sidewalk, or people practically bathing in perfume/cologne :he

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
How true! Beekissed--hilarious!

I think most commercials (I don't have a TV, but I see plenty of ads anyway) are trying to a create a feeling of inadequacy in us as parents, women, people, in order that we will buy that product to make us decent, clean, nice smelling, good parents, women, people.