Phone Bills--UGH

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I also live at the end of a phone line (my next door neighbor gets their service from another direction) but the cost is the same for all in the area. The only problem is getting the phone lines fixed- we are almost the last in the county to get a repair crew when there is widespread damage.
A couple of years ago, the phone line came down off the tree on the way up the hill and was laying on the road for days- people kept driving over it and it was getting more and more scratchy til it died. I kept calling the phone company to tell them that it was still working and an easy fix but nooooo- they didn't take action til it died- about two weeks after it died. Some residents finaly lifted it up a few feet and tied it to the tree again but it was too late.
Why doesn't the phone company give you credit when the phones off?

Actually, although the bill is painful on your island- it sort of sounds like a quirky part of really rural life.

PS Get a talky talky for your Mom's house. Heck my cordless phone extension would send that far and I would use the intercom on it. lol

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You can have phone calls for next to nothing if you have DSL or broadband internet.

Check it out.
www.magicJack.com