PICS figured it out more help needed though.

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
all right i have figured out that i am infested with spider mites. What kills them? organically and with poison?

[im
5937_green_bean_2.jpg
g][/i
5937_green_bean_1.jpg
mg]

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
y'all are gonna tell me with all the gardeners on here, that no one knows what to do about this? Or how to kill them?

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I've never dealt with them myself but I did find some suggestions:
It has been suggested that spraying plants with a 1:1 mixture of alcohol and water will kill spider mites on contact.
It came from this site:
http://www.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-spider-mites.htm

Good luck! My beans are about the only thing that may produce a little. I'd be devastated to lose them to a pest.

Puck-Puck

Power Conserver
Reaction score
According to "The Organic Gardener's Guide to Natural Insect and Disease Control" (Rodale Garden Books, ed. Barbara W. Ellis and Fern Marshall Bradley):

"Eggs or adults overwinter in bark crevices or garden debris, emerging in early spring. Eggs hatch in 2-3 days, nymphs develop to adults in 7-10 days. many overlapping generations every season; reproduction continues all year in greenhouses.

"Spray fruit trees with dormant oil to kill overwintering eggs; in garden or greenhouse rinse plants with water and mist daily to suppress reproduction of mites; release predatory mites Metaseiulus occidentalis on fruit trees, Phytoseiulus persimilis or similar species on vegetables, strawberries, and flowers; spray insecticidal soap, pyrethrin , or neem; as a last resort, spray avermectins or rotenone."