Pics of greenhouse built for customer

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Very nice work.

I'm glad to know you don't need the entire roof plexiglass. We have a shed that my husband built "arms" coming off both side with tin roofs used to house his tractors. Well, we ended up using 1 "arm" for my chicken run and wanted to enclose the other "arm with heavy plastic for a green house. He didn't because we couldn't afford to replace the tin roof with clear roofing. Now, I think we could go with replacing some sheets instead of the whole thing.

Thanks for the pics.

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
When are you bringing mine over?
LOL

Believe it or not, we actually delivered the main structure, minus the roof...reason being I was afraid the plexiglass panels wouldn't survive highway winds. We slid it off the trailer, jockeyed it into place, and then roofed it. Whenever possible, I prefer to build in the shop, I have everything there to fix any problems that may arise. However, we do build a fair amount on-site.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Guess I am confused about the greenhouse since this one seems to be made almost entirely of sheet metal. There are only 2 clear panels. WHY? I thought the idea was to maximize the clear sheet to allow maximal sun.
Please set me straight. The two inch tube steel looks like it is better to work with than wood. I like that. Gives me a great idea. Time to dig out my drawing board and plug in the welder.