Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
homesteaders kitchen table in any given summer day. so much to be done...
20210713_202555.jpg

SS Project Manager

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love how bumblebees are so laid back. Stick my phone in their faces and they just ignore me. The catnip is covered right now. I feel bad that more didn't come up this year because they love it.

View attachment 16494
Congrats @Hinotori - your beautiful pic is this week's POW winner and is featured on our homepage! :weee

SS Project Manager

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

SS Project Manager

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Eggs don't always matter. I raise silkies, which actually lay quite well when not broody. Problem is mine go broody on average 3 times a year. And because they aren't hatchery birds, they start laying at around 9 months. They do lay through the darkest, dreariest December so I always have at least some eggs even if it takes three per large in a recipe.

I'm trying to decide between this pair of poultry poodles on which boy to keep. I have months to decide. They are only 10 weeks.

View attachment 16529
Congrats @Hinotori - Your Silkies are this week's POW winners and are featured on our homepage. :weee

SS Project Manager

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
All of my chickens.

My Appenzeller Spitzhauben chicks, (Spitz for short), color Chamois.
View attachment 16527

A bantam Wheaten Ameraucana with a single chick, she is locked up in the top of my green tractor since she needs a small area to brood in.

View attachment 16526

Two of my cocks, one hen, of my Bantam Wheaten Ameraucana flock.
View attachment 16528
Congrats @Alaskan - your beautiful Bantam Wheaten Ameraucanas are this week's POW winners and are featured on our homepage! :weee