Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Hinotori That hummingbird picture is beautiful! And Leven seems to be a "model" rooster!:D He's got quite the face! What breed is he?

He's from a partridge silkie rooster over a wheaten ameraucana hen. He's Leven because he has 11 toes instead of the normal silkie 10. With the spur his foot looks alien.

Jeffeff95

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The local dog catcher was telling us about getting a call for a pig showing up at someones house and they were afraid to leave their house because "it seemed mean". He went to get it and found out it wasn't mean, it was overly friendly. However, he had a heck of a time getting it into the crate. He had it at his house for a couple of hours before the owner called to report she lost her pet pig... Within 20 minutes she was there to get her pig. He offered to help her move the pig to her crate but she said Nah, I got this. She just let the pig out, it followed her to the car, she grabbed it in a bear-hug and stuffed it into the back seat. Lol

@Jeffeff95 Cute chicks, what kind are they?

The 2 chicks are mix of Brahma and brown hen.
I have 1 more I hatched which is Brahma and easter hen.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Michelle71 I don't know if I already said hi, so consider this a welcome HI. What part of Oregon? sounds like central oregon from your description. I'm in Klamath county, which has that kind of weather too. Only a week ago we had overnight lows in the 20's, and suddenly it's so warm my spinach is bolting. *sigh* I think I'm just gonna give up on spring spinach and just grow it in my unheated greenhouse during winter.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pupper sitting this lover
0511191222.jpg

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LILACS! I can almost smell them! They are my favorite spring flowers.

Oh, cute chicken too. ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.