Not open for further replies.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
ss_01.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That's a great pic! Love those purty painted fingernails! (they look purple on my monitor...)

It's the funniest thing about those nails...all my life my mother bit her fingernails off and would likely still be doing that, not sure. Many years ago we urged her to get some fake nails for a certain dance event she was attending....the first time I had ever seen my mother with fingernail polish. :ep

Well...by the time those fake ones wore off, she found she actually had nails of her own under there but they were brittle and easy to split and tear, as per usual. So, now she gets these fake fingernails, at a nice working length, to protect her own fingernails. The manicurists are used to it by now, but I'm sure they were appalled when she first came back for filling and maintenance of these things....broken, gouged and torn by all the work Mom does. :lol:

She had to explain to them why she uses the fake nails and after that they became used to maintaining her "work claws". She is charmed by using ultra feminine and impractical colors as it adds to the irony of it all. :D She has found that the sparkly Pumped Up Pink stays on the nails the longest, so gravitates towards that one.

My Mom. :love

Status
Not open for further replies.