Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That's a great pic! Love those purty painted fingernails! (they look purple on my monitor...)

It's the funniest thing about those nails...all my life my mother bit her fingernails off and would likely still be doing that, not sure. Many years ago we urged her to get some fake nails for a certain dance event she was attending....the first time I had ever seen my mother with fingernail polish. :ep

Well...by the time those fake ones wore off, she found she actually had nails of her own under there but they were brittle and easy to split and tear, as per usual. So, now she gets these fake fingernails, at a nice working length, to protect her own fingernails. The manicurists are used to it by now, but I'm sure they were appalled when she first came back for filling and maintenance of these things....broken, gouged and torn by all the work Mom does. :lol:

She had to explain to them why she uses the fake nails and after that they became used to maintaining her "work claws". She is charmed by using ultra feminine and impractical colors as it adds to the irony of it all. :D She has found that the sparkly Pumped Up Pink stays on the nails the longest, so gravitates towards that one.

My Mom. :love

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Congrats @samssimonsays for getting this week's POW!

No prizes for guessing which one ;) That thing still cracks me up lol
Hahahaha! Poor little guy is confuzzled! Doesn't know if he's a goat, a people or a dog :lol: guess that's what happens when our collie dog went into obsessive momma mode and helped clean him and he snuggled with me the first few hours of life. :hide he's good and friendly tho. Still a turd. :rolleyes:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Your mom sounds awesome @Beekissed :)

You have no idea. If I were to tell you her story, you'd want me to write a book and every page would shine her light. She's incredible in almost every way, but the most incredible thing about her is what a humble servant she has always been in this world to those around her. She's my hero. I could speak about her for days and never run out of praise and wonder over who she is and what she's done in her life. :love

Ferguson K

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
DSC_0612.JPG

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You have no idea. If I were to tell you her story, you'd want me to write a book and every page would shine her light. She's incredible in almost every way, but the most incredible thing about her is what a humble servant she has always been in this world to those around her. She's my hero. I could speak about her for days and never run out of praise and wonder over who she is and what she's done in her life. :love
You should write a book about her! She sounds amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.