Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks all! Who else can we get to post?
@crealbilly , great name! You think like my husband - We have three named Dumplings, Coco Vin, and Enchilada. :)
@baymule That duckling IS very cute! I love those colors. But really, a NOSY chicken? (Lol! Is there any other kind??)
@NH Homesteader, beautiful birds. Are those Bard Rocks?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks all! Who else can we get to post?
@crealbilly , great name! You think like my husband - We have three named Dumplings, Coco Vin, and Enchilada. :)
@baymule That duckling IS very cute! I love those colors. But really, a NOSY chicken? (Lol! Is there any other kind??)
@NH Homesteader, beautiful birds. Are those Bard Rocks?

Tell your husband - great minds think alike. I've also got one called dumpling and soup and fried and baked... I need to name one Enchilada though :lol

Swede

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey, haven't visited here in a while.
IMG_3743.JPG

One of my white ducks. This one is called Aussie
IMG_3749.JPG

Two ducks caught kissing on cctv :lol:
IMG_3763.PNG

Swede when a duckling! Aww "peep peep peep peep!"

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nope, Dominiques! Well mama is, baby is at least half but didn't keep track of who laid which eggs! And thank you, we love the breed.

Swede

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
@DarkRaven, I really like the picture of the two ducks kissing. Their heads and necks form a natural heart. Cool. :)

Haha it was accidental actually!
My lil bro was fiddling with my phone and accidentally took a photo of our ducks in out front yard...:lol

Yeah it's really cool! I noticed that too :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Our first batch of pigs were named Bacon, Sausage and Pork Chop. :drool

PIG SOUP!!
do you think they know??

pigs-in-tub-11-4-jpg.12173

Bay, they are beautiful!!! And they look so very contented in this pic...makes a person want to be a pig, huh? Just maxin' and relaxin' in my water pan.... :D

Here's a pic of peppers, prior to being canned into fire jam.

100_5960.JPG

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hm, @Beekissed, Fire jam sounds like something my husband would really like... Is it like green pepper jelly? Served with crackers and cream cheese?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Hm, @Beekissed, Fire jam sounds like something my husband would really like... Is it like green pepper jelly? Served with crackers and cream cheese?

I don't know...but it sure would taste good with crackers and cream cheese, as I've had with both, but just not together at the same time.

It's normally called hot pepper butter, sort of like apple butter but using hot peppers instead, but I renamed it fire jam because folks always ask if it has butter in it when you call it hot pepper butter. It's used as a sandwich spread, sauce or dip on just about anything you want to eat it on. We started making it back in the 70s and I found I didn't want to live without it anymore, so we keep a good supply in stock at all times. I've not run out of fire jam since the 70s, so that tells you how good this stuff really is.

You can make it as hot or mild as you want, merely by using all hot banana peppers or mixing the hot with sweet banana peppers. It has yellow mustard, brown sugar and vinegar in it and is thickened with corn starch.

I'll post a few pics of it....

In the jar...

100_3437-jpg.21639

..and on toasted homemade bread, with grits!

100_5207-jpg.21640

Status
Not open for further replies.