Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Folks, Sufficient Self now has a Pic of the Week! So we need pictures from all of our members who'd like to see their picture at the top of the forums!! :D

Your submission MUST:
Include your username:
Include a short sentence about your picture (ie. Prize Winning Pickled Beets):
Be a sharp, clean, picture

How We'll Choose the POW:

1) We will be very picky about the quality of the pictures we post. This is the first thing people see when they get to the forum! We don't want grainy / fuzzy / blurry pictures.

2) The focus of the picture should be tied into the site in some way and appropriate for all audiences.

3) When we have a lot of submissions we'll gravitate to "better" pictures first.

4) The final resized images will be 250 pixels wide. If your picture cannot be cropped or resized and still look good at 250 pixels wide it may be skipped.

5) POW's will be chosen at random, but we may look for pictures pertaining to certain SS activities/seasons, etc. (ie. homemade bread, cheese, etc) depending on the time of year.

Please send a pm with a link to your picture to Dawn419 (put Sufficient Self POW in the subject line) or you can also submit photos to this thread if necessary instead of pm-ing.

Pics of the Week will be changed every Sunday. :)

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Wow! It was nice to see a new photo up already this week.

I am thinking about taking a shot of some of my recently canned goods. It won't be very impressive . . . so I am wondering if we should have a little contest and see who has the best canned good photo out there? The only prize, of course, would be seeing your hard work displayed for all of us to admire next week. Who wants to play? You can pm your photos to me or to Quail and we will pick the winner.

PunkinPeep

Humble Ambitions
Reaction score
So, as much as i love Justusnak's blue iris picture, is there a reason why it has been the pic of the week for the last 6 weeks or something?

Is there trouble with not enough submissions?

Are all the submissions just really bad photographs?

I would really enjoy seeing more pictures from other members of SS.

And i might submit some if i thought they might ever end up on that banner.

:pop

PunkinPeep

Humble Ambitions
Reaction score
PunkinPeep said:
So, as much as i love Justusnak's blue iris picture, is there a reason why it has been the pic of the week for the last 6 weeks or something?

Is there trouble with not enough submissions?

Are all the submissions just really bad photographs?

I would really enjoy seeing more pictures from other members of SS.

And i might submit some if i thought they might ever end up on that banner.

:pop
Do the admin not answer questions posted here?

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Beekissed was kind enough to submit a photo of the squash she grew.
5_sale_pics_of_sheep_013.jpg

Anyone else want to submit a photo? If you submit it here on this thread, it has a greater likelihood of getting put up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.