Pictures Needed

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Hello out there to you Sufficient Self folks that are as chicken crazy as I am!

I posted this request under "do-it-yourself projects" because that is really what this is. A project. I just know some of you on this board can really help me out.

I do a little freelance writing from time to time and of course my favorite subject is... you guessed it CHICKENS!

Currently I am working on a few articles to submit to varies magazines on that topic and I am looking for a few good photos to send along with the words. If your photo is chosen I will be sure that you get a "by-line" for your photo in the magazine. :cool:

I am looking for very sharp artfully done color digital photos of chickens (or other poultry) in the following circumstances:

Broody hen and chicks (you have those cute pictures out there - let me see!)

VERY hot chickens (showing heat stress)

Relaxing chickens (scratching, dusting ... doing what chickens do)

Molting Chicken (the more messed up the feathers the better - Especially if you can see new feathers coming in)

I also am looking for some good solo kid/chicken pictures where the child's identity is not visible. (Like from the back or at a distance - even a bigger kid will work).

Like I said above these pictures would be getting submitted along with a story and I can not guarantee that they will be published at all, but if they are I will be happy to provide you with a free copy of that magazine!

Some of you just have tons of pictures at the ready right now. Others of you will probably be able to take just what is needed easily. Lets get shooting!

Thanks for your help! :D

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmfresh

On my journal I just posted a pic of my boy with one of our chickens, you're welcome to use it if you like. If you do, and your story gets published, let us know so I can show John.

Have a good one

T