Pictures of the Virginia Safari Park(pic heavy)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Last weekend we went with our church group to the Virginia Safari Park. We had a great time and got to see lots of different animals. We rode a covered wagon pulled by a tractor through the park but you can also drive your own vehicle through. It was really fun because we got a guide to tell us all about all the animals as we went along. It did rain on us....another good reason for the covered wagon.....but it cleared up by lunch time and we were able to do the walking part of the park.

Me and DS feeding elk
100_1494.jpg

DS feeding a "yakalo"- part yak, part buffalo
100_1498.jpg

My mom and DD feeding an ostrich
100_1472.jpg

Hubby feeding the camels---man, are they strong!
100_1481.jpg

Me feeding the parrots nectar....they were a little impatient. At one point I had 5 on me! Very loud, but beautiful birds.
100_1532.jpg

DS feeding the llama
[IMGhttp://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv225/lorihadams/100_1564.jpg[/IMG]
the kids looking through their "noculars"
100_1452.jpg

rubbing the goats
100_1449.jpg

DS looking at the Galapagos tortoises....they are huge!!!
100_1460.jpg

And here is one of my favorites of the african pygmy goats
100_1566.jpg

If you are ever near Natural Bridge in Virginia, I highly recommend the Va Safari Park! It was a great experience! We got to see lots more animals and I have a ton of pics but the kids learned a lot and so did we. Our guide was great and even though it poured rain we still had a great day!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Wow! That looks like tons of fun! ilove the picture of you and the elk, the Yakalo and the camels. How cool!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We used t have a place like that here in Ca. that you could drive through in your own car. They closed it yars ago due to liability issues. Now we head inland to our Wild animal park, it is a huge place with a mono rail train like system. The kids just love it, but we don't get to be so close to the animals. Your family must have loved that!!! Thanks for sharing. g

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
It was so funny cause you could hear people screaming inside their cars as we rode by. There are ostrich, emu, and rhea, llamas and deer roaming free all over the park. A lot of the other animals stick to one particular part. It was nothing for an ostrich, emu or llama to stick their heads inside a minivan and cause all the people inside to scream! I even saw an elk do that.....tried to get it's antlers in and everything!!!