Pizza is now a veggie...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
*sigh* FIRST Congress is stoopid. SECOND shows ya how much these folks know anyway because tomatoes are a FRUIT, which would make pizza a fruit, would it not?! IF that were even feasible :/ Can't we just call chocolate a veggie instead?! No further stretch if ya ask me :hu

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
While it is botanically a fruit, it is considered a vegetable for culinary purposes (as well as by the United States Supreme Court, see Nix v. Hedden), which has caused some confusion.

----
I got that doing a tad of research. Sure I consider it a veggie all the time actually, tho I know it is a fruit. BUT I HAD no idea there was a US supreme court case on a stupid tomatoe. I didn't even look up the court case cause it is some kind of insanity I am sure HA HAHA

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
While it is botanically a fruit, it is considered a vegetable for culinary purposes (as well as by the United States Supreme Court, see Nix v. Hedden), which has caused some confusion.

----
I got that doing a tad of research. Sure I consider it a veggie all the time actually, tho I know it is a fruit. BUT I HAD no idea there was a US supreme court case on a stupid tomatoe. I didn't even look up the court case cause it is some kind of insanity I am sure HA HAHA
And I suppose cocoa beans are considered meat?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
oh look, Jamie's posting again. :/ :rolleyes:

Since we're paying for food (including the subsidizing of kids who pay), we have to follow the food pyramid/pie-thingy. I remember back in the eighties the ketchup is a veggie debate.

Another fine case of the Federal government getting themselves twisted into a knot between following their own guidelines and trying to cut costs.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL Wanna
if it suited 'their' purpose, then yep!!

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerChick said:

----
And I suppose cocoa beans are considered meat?
Cocoa beans and the byproducts are a food group of its own.

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I say congress is wasting time and money that would be better spent dealing with more important issues. When my kids were in public I found the lunches to be average in nutrition and VERY expensive.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Moolie that was interesting about the schools only having lunchrooms.

funny but growing up here we always had the cafeteria available. Just never thought about kids not having lunches available.

At least the teacher was constantly calling. Someone took some action.

and kids sharing, well that is great, cause kids do take care of other kids when they can :)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
When my dd was in JK, I volunteered several times a week. there was a girl in her class then also who rarely had a lunch. The teacher alwasys had good snacks and fruit in her desk for kids like her. the kids wer not allowed to share at that age due to allergies issues. I often packed extra and told my dd to share, no matter the rules. I knew the girl, and knew she did not have any allergies.