Pizza toppings

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for ideas for pizza toppings. Not your regular pepperoni, etc. More like spinach and goat cheese, pesto and chicken and the like. My sourdough starter is going great, and every now and again, if I am not baking bread or english muffins etc, i use the throw away starter when i feed it,to make pizza crust. And while my kids love regular pizza, I'm looking for something a bit more 'grown up' for toppings.

any ideas?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OMG Miss
I can't help ya on this one

I only eat pepperoni pizza--the love of my life and I just cant stand any others lol

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I use alfredo sauce and then top it with chicken, bacon and mushroom :D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Sharp cheddar and broccoli florets, precooked. Add garlic if you'd like, but I like it just cheese and greens.

ChickenToes

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I have to second Wifezilla, the alfredo sauce and chicken combo is a knockout. I've also done a Philly cheese steak pizza and a ranch chicken pizza - use ranch dressing as the sauce and top with chicken and onions, broccoli, etc.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My favorite: red onion, parmesan (mozzarella has no flavor!), on whole wheat crust! :love

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Our favorite is BBQ chicken pizza
Cut up leftover chicken (usually grilled) use spicy BBQ sauce topped with Mozz,red onion and cilantro and sprinkled with parm cheese. Oh and bacon if I have some crumbled :D

BBQ recipe we love
# 1/2 cup ketchup
# 1/4 cup brown sugar
# 1/4 cup honey
# 1 1/2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo
# 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
# 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
# 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
# 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
# 1 pinch ground pepper, to taste

Throw it all in the food processor and blend till smooth (I use my 2 cup processor for this)

Perfect dipper for chicken tenders also!

Our second fav pizza would be greek seasonings on chicken that is usually leftover grilled chicken. Then we use a tad of garlic infused olive oil for the base, add the chicken, feta, olives, marinated artichoke hearts and a sprinkle of parm and greek seasoning.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
my favorite is cook hot wings the night before and all the left overs are used

tear meat off spread it on crust pour a lil more hot sauce on it and have a lil bowl of ranch dressing on hand when done

i love hot wing pizza

you can also make a dessert pizza

cinnamon and sugar drizzled with butter sometimes topped with ice cream but thats for a very thin crust or drizzled with strawberries and topped with ice cream

Latest posts