Plant Identification

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There are a lot of plants out there and it's hard to find out what is what. But with all of the knowledgeable people here I think we can help each other out.

rodeogirl

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Douse any know what this tree(?) Is. One of my friends is buying a house and they have 4 of these trees in the yard. They want to know what it is before they decide to remove them or not.
20200508_140826.jpg
20200508_140841.jpg

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Rule of thumb we always go by: Leave it there for one full year. That way, you can see it go through a full growth cycle and it's much easier to identify. Your friend could also contact the Agricultural Extension Office for help.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Rule of thumb we always go by: Leave it there for one full year. That way, you can see it go through a full growth cycle and it's much easier to identify. Your friend could also contact the Agricultural Extension Office for help.

that's also a reasonable idea in general to observe the water flows, wind direction, snow drifting, and how other things work in various lighting and seasons...

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
never seen anything like it here in the south

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am guessing it is a Staghorn Sumac, as that is the only shrub that I know that has fuzzy branches like that and that kind of seed head. I have seen them growing in yards in Wyoming, they grow wild around here in Wisconsin. If it is a Staghorn Sumac, it will be a nice green bush all summer and will turn red in fall and lose its leaves for winter.

I would remove the one that you pictured if it is hanging over the sidewalk to the house.

Do you have a current picture?

Latest posts