Please post pictures of your gardens here

homestead holdout

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Oh so glad you started this thread! I search through books, mags, everywhere looking at other folk's gardens to get ideas for mine (I'm expanding)! This link to my page at TEG has a few photos, nothing as cool as what you've gotten already though.... Go to TEG and look around! And join if you havent! Lots of good photos, you just have to dig for them! Good luck! Hope you get lots of photos! THANKS
http://www.theeasygarden.com/web/viewblog.php?id=6498

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I went through my camera today and found pics of my garden in full swing. Here they are:

Here are the bean teepees
P6240018.jpg

Here is a view of both beds
P6240019.jpg

Here is the trellis for my cucumbers built from 2x2s and covered in leftover garden fencing, the cukes grow right through and my kids love to walk under it to pick them
P6240021.jpg

Another view, climbing trellis for roma tomatoes at each end and lettuces, basil, cilantro, and spinach in between
P6240020.jpg

P6240024.jpg

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
IMG_5581.jpg

my tomotoes

IMG_5583.jpg

green beans (I shouldda taken a pick when the entire thing was packed with beans!)

IMG_5469.jpg

these are the beds as they were when we bought the house. LOTS of work to clean them out. (nice little burn pile, huh??)

Next year it will be much prettier!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Here is the pond fed garden...

When I first started it...
1003236v.jpg

Filter is what you are seeing on the right
1003428b.jpg

1003425i.jpg

1003424s.jpg

Got quite a few beans even though I planted late...
1003422.jpg

Pattypans and yellow squash did really well...
1003420.jpg

The basil went crazy
1003426t.jpg

I am expanding this next year to include more growing trays.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Lori your beds did great. I love the tunnels. I am thinking about something like that over the top of two of mine. Kinda like an enclosed green house for winter. What do your poles set into? I am thinking about using those plumbing things that are metal and screw on. I forget what their called. :he

Right now my beds are empty and dry. Waiting for fresh manure and compost for winter but. This summer they did pretty well. Nothing to fancy just basic boxes.

This picture was last sept when the larger beds were new.
333_img_4634_1_1.jpg

333_img_5041_1.jpg

333_img_4968_2.jpg

This is the downhill side of the fence line. I put some tomatoes and onions etc.. out there. It was a pain to access because of the hill.

333_img_5047_4.jpg

I also have a play structure to dismantle and take out of the yard. Not sure what I will put in its place. More beds, vertical garden. Who knows.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
We had a long section of metal pipe leftover from something. We cut it into 8 inch sections and drove it into the ground about 5 inches. We made sure to get pvc that would fit into that piece of pipe. All we did was bend the pvc and insert it into the metal pipe. Worked like a charm. We stretched the plastic over and ran one piece of pvc lengthwise and wrapped the excess plastic around it and laid it on the ground so if we needed to lift it up or give the plants extra sun all we had to do was lift it off. you could probably stretch the plastic over it and secure it with bricks or anything weighty. When the plants didn't need the protection anymore we just pulled everything out and stored it on one side of the garden. Nothing will hurt the pvc and you can fold the plastic up for later. Just make sure you put enough support pieces the length of the bed so that any heavy rain or snow won't collapse the plastic.

Next year I want to add two smaller beds, one for just lettuce and one for just carrots that is higher up. I may also do all my herbs in pots next year too so I can have more room in the main beds for veggies. I'll definitely plan more beans next year too.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I am almost ashamed to post these pictures. But I guess you all had a first attempt at some point, too.

I took these yesterday.

These are my few brussels sprouts. They are about a month in.
1098_picture_291.jpg

Container baby turnips
1098_picture_284.jpg

Container lettuce.
1098_picture_285.jpg

And my lemon tree.
1098_picture_296.jpg

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
oooooo love the lemon tree! I am thinking of doing my herbs in pots this year. Wifezilla, that is too cool!!! Someday maybe I'll have a real pond and not just a baby pool.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
wow, been a loooong time since anyone posted any garden pictures here. People been asking for pics and I decided to look for a thread rather than start a new one... so here are some pics.
long view of garden.jpg
here we have the brassicas: Kale and cauliflower with garlic around the edges to keep aphids away. To the left is broccoli with onions and the one with the hoops is cabbages and shallots, with a few jalapenos, and basil at the far end where they will benefit from a little afternoon shade from the lilac. Cucumbers just getting started in the bed next to the kale bed... I haven't put up the trellis for them yet. The beds at the far back are the new ones that haven't been filled with soil yet.
fava bed.jpg
The favas are looking lush, but no blooms yet
perennials bed.jpg

This is the perennials bed. Asparagus in the front, but it's kind of hard to see, columbines behind "just cuz", Lovage on the left, tarragon on the right, and you can just barely see the rhubarb behind the tarragon.
garden mascot.jpg
This is Alfred, the garden mascot, lol