Plowing with pigs....and worm farming?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh yea guys I think this thread is just :th
Worms in people. Wow, icky to talk about but when I hear Morel say how much better she felt after...I am truly thinking for me and Tony we will do this. Going to hit the health food store and chat with Dawn and learn all I can again. I kinda asked about it a while ago and opted out....probably cause I figured it couldn't be real.

and ETRs list.....kill me OK....21 feet in the intestine....that is like Godzilla in there......WILD! If I do this I can only :fl that I don't have a monster in there..HA HA

I chatted with Tony and brought the subject up kinda simple like and then told him all about possible worms and parasites...which he understands being a farmer....he knows anything alive can be infected with anything out there in this evil world...LOL.......so he said AFTER the holidays we will do this together. Yikes, can you imagine me and him comparing our wiggling worms....that just freaks me out.

I almost don't want to do it cause I don't want to know..HA HA HA

BUT as icky and nasty and insane as this thread was, I learned soooooo much and it makes it a reality to be checked into at the health food store.

thanks all for the good but :sick info!!!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
OK I said I wasn't going to click this thread again, but I have to confess to being so freaked out that when I go to the bathroom I'm inspecting what comes out!

My husband caught me inspecting my poop today! How do you explain THAT?!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
HA HA HA HA
I know what you mean...I kinda wonder if something is going to rear up and bite my butt or something...LOL

If it is in there I want it out....then again, I don't want to know it was in there in the first place.....what to do, what to do...HA HA

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok Fc---When you get to your health foods store and find out all there is to know. Relay it to me. I am sorry but I just can't go in and talk to he cute little old guy who makes soap about deworming myself. :barnie

I think I might just pick up the pumpkin seeds as a start. Maybe dry roast them with honey and convince the kids they are a fabulous treat.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I will Tankshill
I will ask Dawn everything and she will give me those little brochure infos on parasite cleanse etc. I will pass the info. I am sure she will only rave about the great effects..LOL..you know those health food store owners..HA HA

but she is great to chat with and she tells you if she tried something and it didn't work and such...I like that. I asked about St. John's Wort for mood lifting properties and she said it didn't work for her and alot of customers mentioned no change from it......so I skipped it. Sometimes I just can't keep spending money to "try" something, even thought that is the only way to know for sure right? LOL.

I would eat those pumpkin seeds as a treat....forget the bugs....Yummy...make me some! :)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
OK - I am slow to join in THIS conversation ... or is it conversations?

First a little about the pigs.

If you want to give your electric fence a little more bite try two tricks. The first one is to add an additional ground rod to the system. Ground rod to ground rod to charger ground. That will give the charger a little more kick.

Next trick is to add a barb wire strand to the charger. Although that can be bad news if something gets hung up on the barb and many people say this is a bad idea. I have seen lots of large spaces - like a corn field - be hogged down with a single strand of "hot" barb wire containing the hogs. I would be careful about barbing a small area.

Next about the chickens. I keep my hens in my backyard garden space all winter and until planting time in the spring. When the last of the produce is picked I spread a thick layer of straw over the whole garden plot (which in my case is pretty small), then I move the chickens City Biddy coop and turn in the chickens. By spring planting time my four little biddies have turned the garden spot into a well tilled patch. It actually looks like I took a tiller to it! The straw is mostly rotted and all tilled in.

Now for conversation #2. I believe that one is worm farming! :p

When kid #2 was little she was having troubles sleeping. Kept waking up crying and yelling about her stomach hurting. One ER visit later we were diagnosed with pinworms!

The whole family underwent a doctor recommended de-worming of two pills. About two years later we got to do a second round! It seems that thumb suckers are prime candidates for pin worms! I can honestly say there is nothing quite like realizing (FOR SURE with evidence!) that you were full of worms!

I would certainly think that people with worms would show similar signs as animals do. Anemic, bloated, tired, with a poor appetite and lack luster coat. My kid sure showed signs and I am sure we would have too if we had waited until we were more fully infested.

I keep my animals on a de-worming program, partially for their health and partially for mine. This is another reason I choose NOT to feed my animals raw meat. I always boil any meats that I feed them and do not feed them waste unless it is from an animal that I know is worm free.

I say all of this, just to keep you all from having a freak out wormy Christmas! :lol:

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Here's alist of symptoms...I'm sure that every one of you can find a reason to deworm after reading this:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-Human-Parasite-Infestation-Should-Be-Taken-Seriously&id=913822

And here is a link to the product I take and I HIGHLY reccommend it. I was just at a girlfreinds house who just finished a 'so called' parasite cleanse she bought at a health food store, and she feels no difference at all. I had a look at what she was taking, and it is no wonder. There are alot of gimmicks out there....I can guarrantee you this isn't one of them. This product works!
http://www.unicitycanada.com/products/profile/11863.asp

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Farm Fresh, thank you for that tip...I will certainly try that one. Could have been why I didn't get enough juice from my last solar charger. I've seen folks use the barbed wire with electric and I might use a strand of regular wire and a strand of barbed, just to increase that psychological barrier that Salatin describes in his book.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
and Bee--you are getting them young, that makes a big difference. young learn, an older one would plow right thru the wires I am sure.

being little, they should learn those boundaries right from the beginning.