Plows

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DH tills for me. I don't have anything nearly as large as some just a 15x24 in ground plot and then 4 3x6 boxes on the deck and for now that is ok. I do have a space for rhubarb and potatoes aside from the 'gardens'

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a small veggie garden.

I like to have grow out chickens in there after harvest and until snow gets to be a problem. Then I prefer to toss in chickens again in the spring until time to plant.

They do an excellent job of turning it all into bare dirt and close to weed and bug free.

My grandmother had a large veggie garden. Every year it was plowed up with the tractor.

All seeds were started in old pans amd bowls that had rusted out a bit so had drainage. Most stayed in the pan only to germination, and were planted out with just seed leaves up.

She planted in rows, and I would clean out the chicken coop in the late spring and the super nasty hay was put down in the walking paths.

I think she used a regular hoe(not stirrup)to weed around plants.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glacial rounded. I find junk quite often when I go out with the detector. I'm always picking up broken pottery and glass.
I found these cool rocks at my son's wedding. Have no idea what they are but they are cool looking.
IMG_20211024_222821821.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I use the disc on the back of my tractor. My husband and I always tried to gather cardboard to lay down to help control the bodacious weeds that I am so good at growing. Don't have a tiller, so would borrow one for a few runs through the garden. My plans for next year are to disc the garden weekly so that prospective buyers only see the beautiful dirt and not the weeds lurking just beneath the surface, waiting to spring out on the unsuspecting. BWA-HA-HA-HA!!!