Plumbing question?

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I know pretty much nothing about plumbing. We bought a new kitchen faucet due to leaks and actually installed it correctly. Problem is we also have a very pricey water filtration system and they do not fit together. Went to Lowes and got no real answer or part available. The only info I have is that I need a part with a 3/4 female going to a 55/64 male. I don't even know what to call this part. I will try to clarify- my new Delta faucet is 3/4 my water filter connection is 55/64. Even if all you can tell me is the name of the item I am looking for would help. Thanks

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Whingnut, is the 3/4 the standard faucet? We were under the impression or don't know how to read the wording that we need for the female to be 3/4 and the male 55/64. Told you I know nothing, is that what it said?

Andy J

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Gardenweasel,I've been plumbing many years and I've never heard of a fitting of that size.Could it be the water filter is connected with garden hose fittings?If so,you would need an adapter in 3/4"female pipe thread to garden hose male.Those come in either hard or swivel connections.I cannot think of any other fitting that would be in a size you have stated.

Let us know what you end up using for this connection.I'm very curious.

Andy J

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That should be what you need you can take the part # to home depot and handle it ( test fit to faucet on the shelf) also the filter kit should list the part number you need in the paperwork if not visit the filter companies website and check the FAQ section for more info.

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Whingnut and Andy J. What I have is a Sun Pure water filter that we bought in 2000. They have since stopped manufacturing and my paperwork just says use the adaptor and rubber washer supplied. I guess we forgot to remove the adaptor when we moved 4 years ago and the diverter fit perfectly on the sink we had when we moved in. That sink started leaking and the new one is a Delta- so is a standard size 3/4? We took the aereator to Lowes and it fit the 3/4 and the diverter fit the 55/64. I will try both of your suggestions, we don't have a Home Depot in the sticks and let you know what happens.

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I got the part and it fits! Took 6 hours of going page by page on every plumbing catalog. It was laborious. If you need an odd size Plumbingsupply. com is the place to go. It is a 3/4 female 27 thread to a 55/64 male 27 thread. They also offered it with a hose thread male. $11 and I have super nice drinking water. I hate chlorine!

DianeS

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Good for you! I'm glad you were stubborn and kept looking. Thanks for posting the plumbing resource.

anthonyc12

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
your problem seems like is in need of a professional care you must go for it although DIY can save you few bucks but it can also cause you lots of mess which would take lots of money to redo.
make decisions wisely

Latest posts