Poll on laundry soap

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Beekissed I'd love to know how that works for you.

We tried "Zote" this time instead of fels naptha, has a nice smell. Comes out a bit thicker. We have gotten a couple of new people hooked on our laundry soap now.

I just refill containers from the kitchen, anything from juice containers to milk jugs to cleaning supply jugs. I've been making a label so that in case of emergency, the actual new ingredients are on the container whenever I give some to friends.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've never seen "Zote" anywhere around here. Where do you all find it?

I've been using powdered formula, but saving my vinegar bottles to try the liquid.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
around here (sc) its in save a lot but i hate that store

kcsunshine said:
I've never seen "Zote" anywhere around here. Where do you all find it?

I've been using powdered formula, but saving my vinegar bottles to try the liquid.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Once you get the gel, how do you mix it with water to make the liquid?

I made gel once, and couldn't figure it out - I still have jugs of gel around but putting the gel in the machine didn't work so well.... :D

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Zote is a mexican product, it is how they do laundry in Mexico.

I'm not an expert on how they use it, though, and would be interested in knowing.

We found it a Mexican market. While it is made in Mexico, there are two types of packaging, one in English and one in Spanish.

It is easier to grate Zote, it is somewhat softer. I just like the smell a little better and its washing capabilities seems the same.

I would bet you could use any good laundry soap or good real soap that you prefer in the recipe.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
I would bet you could use any good laundry soap or good real soap that you prefer in the recipe.
You definitely can! I use my homemade lye soap in my laundry mix.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I checked from Stockton on up to here and cannot find washing soda or anything with the chemical composition. I found a site where I could order it, for a great price, and free shipping. Its at the post office now, waiting for me to pick up on Monday. Then come the grand chemistry experiment to make my own laundry detergent! Woo hoo! fun times are a comin'

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
murphysranch said:
I checked from Stockton on up to here and cannot find washing soda or anything with the chemical composition. I found a site where I could order it, for a great price, and free shipping. Its at the post office now, waiting for me to pick up on Monday. Then come the grand chemistry experiment to make my own laundry detergent! Woo hoo! fun times are a comin'
well what site is that? :D

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
out of 10 stores around me i only found 1 that carries the arm and hammer washing soda

good luck on finding it

my question is why after i make it there is a layer of hard on top like when you melt fat in water then freeze it and the lard hardens on top thats what i get everytime or i get crystals that form on the bottom and are h.ll to get out the pot

FREE MONEY WWW.SWAGBUCKS.COM/REFER/ELIJAHBOY