Poor Sally..

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
BBH!!!

Are you depressed and need chocolate today?

5 people on.
What was up with that? I thought the site cought a bug or something b/c there were 50 people on and then POOF all were gone except us. Strange!

Yes, I need to find my chocolate! I keep it hidden from my hoggy daughter and then I can't find it!
:lol:

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Well, where are you BB? :plbb

I have been the first one listed for about the last hour now...woohoo first in line! I feel so important!

I have searched in every nook and cranny for that chocolate! :barnie My secret hiding place has been discovered, again!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Uh oh! thaats not good.

I've been around. I picked chokecherries today. They've been black for weeks but the skins are still bitter. We might make some jelly.

My mom and I are going up north tomorrow to pick blueberries!! My mom's aunt owns a Pick Your Own Berries and has a bunch of blueberry meadows. Its a lot of fun and its really pretty up there. I'll have to take some pictures..

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Uh oh! thaats not good.

I've been around. I picked chokecherries today. They've been black for weeks but the skins are still bitter. We might make some jelly.

My mom and I are going up north tomorrow to pick blueberries!! My mom's aunt owns a Pick Your Own Berries and has a bunch of blueberry meadows. Its a lot of fun and its really pretty up there. I'll have to take some pictures..
Oh, that sounds like fun!

I used to love road trips with my mother!

What are chokecherries like? I have never heard of them.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
They are about the size of small blueberries, black coloured when ripe. Our domestic tree has maroon coloured leaves, but the wild ones on the edge of our property I was picking have greenish rusty coloured leaves.

I think my dad might go with us so it might not be so fun. He doesn't like the music we listen to either.

We are going to bring sweetcorn and eggs and goat milk soap for my mom's aunt. My mom learned a lot of SS things from her, she had chickens, ducks, geese, and a milk cow, but now she's older and doesn't raise any animals. I think they had some goats too.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
What kind of music WOULD you and your mom listen too if it were just you?

Thanks for the description of chokecherries.

Your mom's aunt sounds like a neat lady! I'll bet she will love your gifts, I know I would!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Want me to send ya some soap?!

My mom and I like Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, Blondie, Heart, Jefferson Airplane, Eurythmics, Boston, Elton John, Cyndi Lauper, Pat Benatar, Rod Stewart, basically most hippy era 60's - 80's rock & soft rock, some pop and older country.

Lol, my mom was at Walmart and got me a Pet Benatar CD, and on the back theres a picture of her in a leopard leotard. When she was as the checking out the teen guy there had the cd, and was looking at the cover and was just making small talk and said 'Oh Pat Benatar', looks at back, looks up at my mom, looks back at cd 'HOT!'.
My mom said she almost burst out laughing, wonder what the guy thought.

Anyway, my dad only likes country, which isn't bad, but he has a fit when it isn't playing. We usually try to listen to rock in the vehicle cause all the other stations are set to country.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Love Pat Benatar's "We Belong" the most of all her tunes. I was in 8th grade when "Love is a Battlefield" came out.

I didn't know yankees :D listened to country music!! ;) Blech!! :sick (Unless it is the old stuff like Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Dolly etc.) After living in TX for the last 30 some odd years, I'm over it!!!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Love Pat Benatar's "We Belong" the most of all her tunes.
ME TOO!!!!!!!! I love that song!!!!!!