post-apocalyptic story ideas needed

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
There is a really famous SF short-short story, the author's name escapes me, but basically it's the end of the world and he's the last surviving person, an avid reader, and he is all excited about just going and reading his life away in the (miraculously still extant) library... and then he drops his glasses and they shatter :p

Pat
Yeah, they made it into a really famous episode of The Twilight Zone with Burgess Meredith. :)

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
propane and any other available fuel
that's another thing i was thinking about. does propane become unstable over time? i know that it can freeze as the tanks get low, but i don't know what kind of issues you'd face tapping a tank that had been sitting for a year or 2.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Well, I have had some tanks for the BBQ grill sit for years. Haven't blown anything up yet :D

You CAN get a bad connector pop up once in a while though. I had one that started shooting fire out the side of the top. Luckily we didn't 'asplode'....but if you need a convenient disaster for your story, a bad connector could do it :D

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
Hey BB - how's the story coming along...?? :D
well, it's become perfectly clear that November is the WORST month for me to be doing a writing challenge. we've had visitors, my birthday, my brother's birthday, and we've ALL been sick. so... things are slow going. i'm SERIOUSLY behind. i should be at 16, 667 words to be on schedule, and i've got about 1/2 of that.

luckily, it's just been finding the time to write that's a problem. WHEN i actually sit down to write, it's all coming pretty easily. the story seems to just be writing itself. one big surprise is that the first voice that came out was the boyfriend, the character that is absent for most of the story. but my main character has just arrived home and things are picking up!

it's exciting.