Poultry Picture Thread

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My hubby fell in love with a blue australorp rooster at the last poultry show. Before that his preference was for light brahmas. He really like the big birds. My silkies not so much.

I take temperament into account on my silkies. That's part of why it's taken me a bit longer to get rid of the orange roosters in my line. I've had nice looking cockerels before but I felt they were to aggressive to other birds to breed from. I has to put up that from one of my foundation roosters but no issues from any of the ones I have now.

The hatchery silkies I had before had temperament issues on a few birds. Including people aggression

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The only "good" photo I have of the icelandics right now. They are only 2 weeks old now and were only 1 week in the photo. I would love to get the blue/black ameracauna because I have a thing with blue... And I have love the faverolles and polish! I bought some local stores easter eggers for some variety as well. 9 chicks, 2 EEs, 1 faverolle, 1 polish and 5 icelandics. I want a cinnamon queen, isa brown, amber link and I really liked the dixie ranbows, asia blues and brahmas too... I will be getting a variety this year to see what breeds I like best and move on from there. I would like a more dual purpose one though with good feed conversion, easy winter keeper due to our minnesota climate and good layer. I like variety.
PicsArt_05-26-10.44.24.jpg