Poultry Picture Thread

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I tried silver laced Wyandottes also and was not impressed. We ended up giving them away to a friend who has different chicken standards than us. My favorite thing about my birds is that I can introduce them to new birds by just throwing them in a pen together and they don't peck or fight at all. As long as they have enough space and enough food they're not into the dominance games. The doms don't lay huge eggs but we'll see how my crosses do.

We have a couple of friends with BA's and they are very happy with them. Friendly, hardy and good layers. Now I want some.

Chicken math! :hide

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My hubby fell in love with a blue australorp rooster at the last poultry show. Before that his preference was for light brahmas. He really like the big birds. My silkies not so much.

I take temperament into account on my silkies. That's part of why it's taken me a bit longer to get rid of the orange roosters in my line. I've had nice looking cockerels before but I felt they were to aggressive to other birds to breed from. I has to put up that from one of my foundation roosters but no issues from any of the ones I have now.

The hatchery silkies I had before had temperament issues on a few birds. Including people aggression